English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

How to uninstall JMS multisites
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: How to uninstall JMS multisites
How to uninstall JMS multisites 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi.

I've testet JMS multisite on behalf of a client. As it turns out, we choose to set up three seperate sites instead.

My problem now is:
Normally i use Akeeba Backup to create a backup from the dev site, and restore it in the production enviroment. On this particular site, which had multisites installed, the restore process does not succeed.
I've ofc uninstalled JMS multisites before doing the backup (as it turns out Akeeba and JMS doesn't work very well together).
So, is there something that does not get restored when I uninstall the JMS multisite component?
Is there anything that needs to be done manually to completely remove all traces of JMS multisites so that I can use Akeeba Backup to put the site into production?
(I know i could do this by manually copying the files and database etc, but that kinda breaks with our routines...)..

Any pointers apreciated!
steinarasb
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How to uninstall JMS multisites 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
If you want to uninstall JMS we suggest that you start to:
- Uninstall the JMS patches that will restore all the files that were originally backed-up when you install the patches.
See the /administrator/components/com_multisites/backup....."
directories.

Concerning the "Akeeba" backup, as you can read several times in this forum, we never succeeded to use this tool when there are Symbolic Link and MySQL table with linked tables.
We proposed an alternated solution to perform an accurate backup that is described in the FAQ.
www.jms2win.com/en/faq/faq-joomla-multi-sites#cat-268
edwin2win
graph

Re: How to uninstall JMS multisites 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
I've tried a few times to uninstall this extension and every time with problems.

I first uninstalled the patches, the uninstalled the component.

The first time I had a fatal error, the next time just a blank page. This component will just have to stay on this site as I can't afford to loose all the development done on this site. I had to restore a backup every time to get the site back to normal, but unfortunately I made my backup after I installed the component, stupid me!

If you can tell me what I've done wrong, please let me know as I would really like to uninstall this component. I want to manually make a duplicate of this site on a separate domain, then install this component on the new copy. From there I will make my slaves.

Any advice would be appreciated. Its a great component, It works like a charm, just unsure about the removal of this component seems to give me problems.

Thank you in advance.
jacostander
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/01/20 19:55 By jacostander.

Re: How to uninstall JMS multisites 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
When you install the extension for the first time, JMS perform a "backup on install" to save the files that will be modified by JMS dynamically.
The result is saved in the /administrator/components/com_multisties/backup_on_install.

Each time that you perform the install of the patches, this save also a backup in another directory.
/administrator/components/com_multisties/backup

So that you have 2 backups performed. One at the installation and another one each time that you install the patches.

When you uninstall the patches, this restore the files that were backup.
So normally, this should restore the original files.

When files are not found in the "backup" directory, they are restored from the "backup_on_install".
There are also "restore_files_jXX.zip" that contain original version of joomla file depending on your version.

If you have a blank page, that mean that you probably have a PHP fatal error.
In this case, try localize the "fatal error" in the "error_log" file to identify the potential files that would not be restored correctly.

Which Joomla version do you use ?
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2012/01/22 13:08 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla