English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Installing modules into slave site
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Installing modules into slave site
Installing modules into slave site 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi there, we have Multi site installed on a 1.7 Joomla installation. The 2nd site seems to work just fine. I am having some difficulty installing some modules and components we have into the slave site however. I want to install JCE, AllVideos, Proforms and possibly some others. What I have been doing is going into the master site admin area, into the tools section of the multisite component, choosing the slave site database listing from the list, and clicking components or modules, and choosing to install from master, then execute up in the top right. It does something and shows the modules i have chosen to install with a green check off next to it. But nothing else happens, nothing is clickable. I have a cancel button in the top right but no other options. I am not sure how to proceed from this position, and I suspect there is a step missing here that I cannot get to or something. What could be going on here?

Its probably good to mention that this IS a development environment. We have the site running on a temporary domain, and i did use the official domains for setup, but i have been configuring my HOSTS file to correct the dns look up so it would work. I also suspect that this could have something to do with this issue, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for taking a look at this and offering any advice.
DKeymel
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Installing modules into slave site 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Wow....glad I read this post!

I've just been installing into the master joomla installation and then going the the slave admin and installing extension from there!

Your way's much quicker!

(and probably the right way too!)
luds
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Installing modules into slave site 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
When you use the JMS tool menu to install, share or uninstall one or more extension (that you can also propagate to children) then JMS take the list of actions to do and in the next window, it submit asynchronously the request to the server in aim to process all the websites (in case of propagation) and all the component, modules, plugins in one shot.

The list that you receive is the status of the operation performed by the tool in all the websites.
In case of error, you have the detail of the error in each line.

Once it is finished with all green line (as you got it), the only action to do is "cancel" to return to the tree of websites.

So what you did is correct.

When you have a large number of websites and that you create a hierarchy with websites, you can propagate the same action to all the websites in just one click.

It is mainly there to allow executing a large number of actions in one "execute" click.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla