English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Multiple language of slave sites
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Multiple language of slave sites
Multiple language of slave sites 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
I am using JMS 1.2.69 on a Joomla 1.7.3 site with 2 languages installed. Everything works fine on the master site but I cannot find the way how to enable the same languages on the slave sites. I cannot find the option in the site management to share the languages and if I try to install the language pack on the slave sites it comes back with an error message that the plugin does not exist on the master site.
guzolo
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Multiple language of slave sites 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
Go in the "discover" option present in the "extension manager" of the slave site back-end.

Joomla 1.7 has changed the management of the languages and templates that are no more automatically detected by joomla but required to be "discovered" manually.
So you have to use the "discover" functionality present in the Joomla "extension manager" menu.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Multiple language of slave sites 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks Edwin, it has solved my problem.
I am just testing this environment so I was not aware of this new feature of Joomla 1.7. There was an idea coming to my mind reading the description of "discover". Is it possible to install any other extension from the master site to the slave sites with this method? I have problems with the extensions of NoNumber because of the special installation process of his extensions. I have the workaround how to do it but it is quite complicated. I will give a try.
guzolo
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Multiple language of slave sites 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
No number has a special installation that use a temporary component to install the final one. This is the reason why "discover" does not work.

For the extension that are defined in the JMS Tool, you can install the "no number" in a slave site.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla