English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

domains...domains....and domains....
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: domains...domains....and domains....
domains...domains....and domains.... 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi

I think that I may have done something wrong in the setup of my slave site as the directory tree just seems to go on and on.....and on!

I go to my master site files > domain > slave1 site and then I saw another domain folder > slave 1 site......which has another domain folder in > slave 1 site....etc

Is this correct?

I can't actually see how far it goes but it seems that it's just replicating itself again and again and again!
luds
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: domains...domains....and domains.... 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
If you created the slave site in the root directory of your master website, this is possible that inside the slave subdirectory, you get a symbolic link on itself.
In this case, you can have a kind of infinite loop as you have a physical directory that contain inside a link that point to itself. This can be normal.

You can also have such kind of things with the "/multisites" directory that is present in the slave site directory.

If you want to avoid such "infinite loop", you can create a JMS Template rule where you specify that you can to ignore some directories.
edwin2win
graph

Re:domains...domains....and domains.... 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
I have the same problem with the folder images/stories. When you try to delete this folder by hand, it starts duplicating itself. How can I remove this folder?
michelpouli
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:domains...domains....and domains.... 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
Check the tool that you are using to delete a the symbolic link.
The symbolic link should not be called recursivelly by the tool that you are using to delete the symbolic link.

In addition, your description let suppose the you have the "stories" subdirectory defined as a symbolic link.
Explain how you do that and which JMS template definition you specified to do that.

In general, this is the "/images" directory that is a Symbolic Link and not the subdirectories of the "/images" directory.

In all cases, verify the tool that you use to manage the files and folders on the disk.
If you have a SSH linux terminal access, use it to remove the symbolic link.
This will avoid you problem with you "file manager" tool.
edwin2win
graph

Re: domains...domains....and domains.... 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Ok Edwin

I'm not overly worried but as the number of sites grows then I'm going to start accumulating files that I don't need aren't I? Just wasting server space?

I think that I'll be coming to you soon for some on-site support just to make sure that everything is set up properly. I don't want to be making problems for myself further down the line!

Out of interest what holidays are you taking ove Christmas and New Year and so will be unable to provide billable support?

Cheers

Paul
luds
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: domains...domains....and domains.... 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
If your directories are in fact Symbolic Link, they does not consume a lot of space.
Just very few bytes to keep the path of the original directory.
A symbolic link on Linux is the equivalent of a short cut on windows or an alias on macintosh.

Between christmass and new year, we think be available for support between the 27 dec and 30 dec included.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla