English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Update Multisite failed, breaks Article Share
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Update Multisite failed, breaks Article Share
Update Multisite failed, breaks Article Share 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

I installed JMS multi site as well as Multi Sites Content and Multi Sites Menu a year and a half ago. It has worked well without any problems.

One of the features I liked was the ability to create an article in one slave site and share it on another site via Multi Sites Article Sharing.

Today, I noticed that an article I updated was no longer refreshing in the slave site that I'm using Article Sharing on. I tried to clear the cache and several other things before I determined that it may be worthwhile to update the JMS software.

When I attempted to update the JMS software using the Check for Updates option, it failed. I attempted to fix permissions issues with session.php and configuration.php but ended up with these errors:

JFolder::create: Could not create directory
Unable to write entry
Error while deploying the patches update

If I click on Install I get:
Copy failed
Copy failed
Copy failed
Copy failed
Backup failed

My main concern right now is that with the failed update, my Article Sharing is no longer working at all. My slave site results in 500 errors when accessing those menu items that are using shared articles.

1) What can I do to fix the article sharing problem?
2) How would you suggest I approach the update problem?

I can send you more info if you'd like.

Thanks!

PS - these are the versions I currently have:
Joomla Multi Sites version: 1.2.28
Patches definition version: 1.2.34
Multi Sites Articles sharing Version 1.0.10
Multi Sites Menu Item Version 1.0.2
jamromero
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Update Multisite failed, breaks Article Share 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
As you can read plenty of times in the forum, the "copy failed" is a symptom of permission issue or ownership issue in your server.

This probably mean that JMS is installed with another owner than the other files and folders on the disk.

So check the permission and ownership of the files and folders of Joomla.

Such kind of things may happen when the server use for example "apache" or "nobody" user for the files and folders and that you have installed Joomla with a FTP user that is different of the ownership used by the server.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla