English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

How many users can multisite handle?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: How many users can multisite handle?
How many users can multisite handle? 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

happy new year!

Multisite uses the same core files for all the slaves sites what is great, but what is the situation with the capacity?
I mean let's assume a joomla installation can handle 2000 visitors a day. If I have one joomla installation and more slave sites they alltogether can handle 2000 visitors a day? Am I right?
I want to build up community sites, where hopefully will be many members. Is it a clever thing to use the same installation?
Or my logic behind is wrong?

Thank you for the answer!

Jozsef
joekker
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How many users can multisite handle? 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
Your logic is correct.

If you have 1 website with 2000 hits per day and 100 websites with 20 hits for each per day (100 * 20 = 2000 hits), this is moreless the same.

JMS add a small overhead for the "super switch" but this overhead can be considered as small when you have a small number of websites (less than 1,000 websites).
Over 1,000 websites, you need to use the JMS "letter tree" settings and in case of expected of very large number of websites, consider to create a specific hardcoded JMS template rule in a "user exit" to speedup the "super switch" decisions.

We think that a single joomla installation can effectivelly help in this case.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla