English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Databases gone?
Databases gone? 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

I've been having a few issues with parts of my master site frontend and in the course of my troubleshooting I went to my php in cpanel. What I found was that there were no tables in the master database? There should be shouldn't they? Thing is if I go to Multisites > Tools >masterDB I can see the list of tables and weirder still the site still appears to be working. I mean I can login etc and things are displaying.

I am looking in the right place for the databases aren't I?!!

Cheers

Paul
luds
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Databases gone? 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
OK...think I see what's happening...Joomla is using the cache files to power the site

Edwin....what would you do in this situation where you have a master site with no databases and the slaves are ok.

Can the slave DB tables be copied to the master DB?

I don't suppose the info locked up the cache files can be retrieved by MySQL?

Paul
luds
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Databases gone? 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
If you are looking for the JMS website definition, they are not saved in the DB as JMS need to get the information before that the DB is open.

So concerning the JMS content, it is not in the DB but in plenty of directories created by JMS to save the definition of the slave sites and PHP code that is automatically generated by JMS to speedup the "super switch".

Concerning the Joomla "cache", when you deploy the slave site into a specific directory, you have a specific cache folder for each website.
So that, you should not have conflict between the different websites.

When you create a JMS Template rule, you can see that "cache" directory is listed but for which you don't have the possibility to change the action.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla