English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Can't install new theme in slavesite
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1234
TOPIC: Can't install new theme in slavesite
Re: Can't install new theme in slavesite 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Still having issues with version 1.2.76

Steps I performed and results:

Installed Template A in the master site
    Created Slave site

Templates Folder: {deploy_dir}/templates
      template ==> copy: Copy the folder or file

Set Template A as default in Slave site (template works)
    Uninstall and reinstall Template A in slave site (template worked)
    Installed Template B in the Slave site
    Set Template B to Default (template fails)
    Template B now appears in the Master site (this shouldn't have happened)
    Set Template B to default in the Master (template worked)

When I say Template does not work this is what I mean:
    Page and text load
    No graphics or formatting is applied
djdesjardins
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Same thing I did. So now I trew multisite out and installed a clean fullsite joomla installation. Don't want to use extra time and money on some product I did pay for, and that couses me so many problems.

Just not interrested in paying for billable support when I've followed the documentation when installing the site.
I'm actually glad to hear that others have the exact same problem.
knutrichard
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I believe this is an excellent product and will be using it on my project after I complete my testing. My intent is to work with edwin and his team to identify issues, along with a repeatable use cases, to help facilitate product improvement.

I can honestly say that at this point, the version I am currently testing does not have any issues preventing me from using it, albeit a couple of workarounds will need to be used.

I'm posting this because I am uncomfortable with the thought that any of my posts would lead people to believe there is significant issues with the product. My intent is to make the product better.
djdesjardins
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

I was also hoping that this project would help me have an easier adminitration of my customers joomla sites. But after installing it on two different web hotels and still getting the same problems, also with different components just going to html 500 error pages, and templates not installing I use more time getting multisite to wirk than updating my sites. That was not my intention when I invested in the component. I realize thet there could be some error on my behalf, but I can't see what it could be when I've followed the instructions and checking all settings several times.
knutrichard
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Can't install new theme in slavesite 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
Concerning the template A, B that have different behavior during the installation, the question is to know if the template that seems to be installed on the master instead of the slave contain a specific framework or a specific installation.

Some template companies have develop their own stuff to bypass joomla and may have errors to compute path of a slave site when they does not use the path compute by Joomla but using their own computation that may fail when there is symbolic links in the path.

Second possiblity is that you installed the template in the master and that you thought that you were in the slave site (I don't thing this is the case - but to be cross-checked).

Concerning the Error 500 "Internal Server Error", this is may be cause by plenty of thing but in general, this is due to permission error or file missing.
Check also that your hosting company allow using the Symbolic Link.
If you have access as root on your server, you should have access to the server log where it is recorded the reason of the "internal server error" or ask to the administrator of this server to give you more info on the reason of the error.

If you think this is your hosting company that has an issue, you can test that on hostgator.com web hosting (baby or business) account and they work at 100%.
Our tutorial for cPanel are build with an account with this hosting company.
edwin2win
graph

Symbolic links are supported. As this accured to several templates I do not think this is tempalate related, but I will however try your suggestion on another hosting service. Will get back with more information after that.
knutrichard
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1234
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla