English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Potential issue wth Manage Sites re-saving templat
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Potential issue wth Manage Sites re-saving templat
Potential issue wth Manage Sites re-saving templat 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

I've just discovered a potential issue with the 'Manage Sites' feature. I have installed a number of additional extensions into the Master and there is an icon message saying I need to update the slave site tables.

So I've then opened the slave site in the 'Manage Sites' tab and re-saved the site.

The potential problem is that the template is configured to generate a random password and username when it is creating new sites so when I click to re-save the slave will a new database and database user and password be generated?

I'm not able to test this because my create new database and database user script is not working yet (as you are already aware) however when I did click to re-save it said database cannot be accessed and broke my database connection so that is why I think there is an issue.

Please let me know what you think?

Thanks and regards.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Potential issue wth Manage Sites re-saving templat 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
Concerning the admin user name, normally this would not cause any problem because JMS keep the value generated inside the slave site definition.
For the random password for the super admin, this could be a problem because we don't save this value and perhaps that a new password will be generated for the slave site when your "jms template rule" define a default value that request to generate a new password.

Concerning the DB new user and DB new password, this should NOT be a problem because the DB connection is save in the configuration. The value is only compute when nothing is present in the fields.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla