English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Presale questions about Multi sites
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Presale questions about Multi sites
Presale questions about Multi sites 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello there,

I have a Joomla 1.5 website, I would like to 'split' it in several child sites, and I wonder how JMS Multi Site could help me.

My problem

There are about 25 components installed on my actual Joomla. The problem is, there's some bugs incompatibilities between some of components, so I would like to split this site in several ones for limiting incompatibilities issues.

Here are some of the components I use:

JomSocial 2.2
FlexiContent
JC Content Links
JomComment
Music Collection (customized)
jNews
Akeeba Backup Pro
sh404SEF
Kunena

I use a YooTheme template, and I will use WidgetKit.

The site will be rebuild from scratch, with latest versions of all these components, and data will be migrated from the actual site.

Multi sites

I would like to know if this is possible to split the site in this way:

Main site

JomSocial
Music Collection
jNews Social
Kunena
JV Link Directory
All administrator's components (Akeeba / sh404...)

Child Site 1 (articles website)

FlexiContent
JV Content Links

Child site 2 (medias website)

jWallPapers
jVideoDirect

Child Site 3 (online shop website)

jMarket
jAffiliates

Maybe some other child websites... Not really defined yet.

Some questions:
- Does the JMS Multi Site modify the Joomla Core? If yes, the updates of Joomla are they smooth and easy?
- Is it possible to share the JomSocial component (users, but the activity stream too? For example: if a user post a comment on jWallpapers on Child Site 2, does the activity stream of the main site will be updated, links and thumbnails? ["User A posted a comment on the photo xxx"])
- Is it possible to install and share some components from main site to child sites: sh404SEF, JV Content Links...
- Is it possible to install components on child sites and NOT to share them on other sites (main and other child ones).
- How can I share a YooTheme Template between all sites (same template BUT different variations, like backgrounds and maybe colours...)?

Thanks a lot for all your answers.

Best.
JuJ
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Presale questions about Multi sites 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
You mentioned that you will rebuild all the websites and use the latest version of the extensinos.
Will you rebuild on Joomala 1.5 or 2.5 ?

There are some extensions that I don't know and never reviewed them.
See the list of extensions that are currently defined in the Jms Tool menu.
www.jms2win.com/en/list-of-extensions?vi...id=269&Itemid=53
I don't know (jMarket, jAffiliates)
If you want that we review some extension, please send us the extension in the attachement of an email. See our "contact us" menu for the email address.

1) Yes JMS modify the core joomla and perform update of the files that are present.
This is the JMS "check patches" menu that allow perform the update of the existing files.

2) You can share the JoomSocial extension.
In this case, this share the whole content of the JomSocial.
In fact this share the MySQL tables used by JomSocial.
If the activity stream is a JomSocial table, they will also be shared.

Check the list of extension defined in the JMS tool menu to see the one that can be shared.
If you use JomComment, this extension can not be shared.

sh404 can NOT be shared.
I don't know the JV Content Link - I suppose you mean JV Link directory. This one can be shared.

Concerning YooThemes, you will need the "Patches for Yoothemes" in case where you use themes with the WARP framework.
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...46&category_id=1
Also verify that the themes that you want to use in present in the list.
For the widgetkit, you will also need a patch that I think is published in the Yoothemes forum.

By default, the slave site have their own DB content that is not shared between the websites.
Only the extension that are defined in the JMS tool menu and that are declared as can be shared are just "candidate" to the sharing. So you need to create the slave site with explicitly defining that you want to share the content of the extension. Otherwise, it is not shared.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2012/02/22 13:10 By edwin2win.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla