English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Display message in all slave sites from master
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Display message in all slave sites from master
Display message in all slave sites from master 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

I'm planning to run a large number of slave sites. I'd like to sometimes post a message from the master to all the slave sites. All my slave sites will have a seperate database.

I have been thinking about the best way to do this. Firstly can you let me know if this is even possible?

I'd like the message to appear in a module in a specific page position and if there is no message then the module is hidden.

I know that Shared Articles offers something similar however you need to click on a link to view the article.

I was thinking to somehow embed the shared article into a module however I don't know if it would be possible to hide/display the module on all slave sites from the master.

Can you let me know if something like this is possible? Could something be developed?

Thanks and regards.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Display message in all slave sites from master 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
If you share the users between the website, you can effectivelly use "news letter" extension like AcyMailing to send email to all the users of all the websites.

When you use the partial user sharing, you can also have users present in a specific website and also have them available in the "main" site where you will store all the user info.

If you want that the slave sites AcyMailing does not see everything when it is shared, with specific modification in AcyMailing it is possible to restrict the access.
We already did that with specific develop for a customer and with AcyMailing version 3.0
edwin2win
graph

Re: Display message in all slave sites from master 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

Thanks for the response. I'll take a look into Acymailing.

Do you know if there is an option for displaying 'global' messages from the master site to slave sites online (instead of via email)? Like in a special module I had mentioned in my first post?

Could something like this be developed for JMS?

Thanks and regards.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Display message in all slave sites from master 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

I was watching your tutorial video on User Sharing and I have gained further insight into sharing modules and plugins between the master, template and slave sites.

Could we not develop a unique module that is similar to an HTML module that can be shared between the template and the slave sites?

Please let me know your thoughts about this.

Kind regards.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/02/24 04:39 By TonyGee.Reason: improve wording

Re: Display message in all slave sites from master 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
If you sear for "multisite custom HTML" module, it exists.
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...53&category_id=1

Concenring a "Multisites messaging" it does not exists.

In the next release of JMS, we have added the uddeIM extension as candidate for the sharing. Perhaps it could help you.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2012/02/26 10:38 By edwin2win.

Hi Edwin,

I've just installed the 'Multisite Custom HTML Module'. (I didn't see it in the downloads list - only an old version for Joomla 1.5)

1) Can you please confirm if this module is compatible with Joomla 2.5?

2) The module almost satisfies my requirements, however the configuration of the module is not shared with the Master. Therefore I cannot publish or unpublish the module within all the slave sites.

Is it possible to share the module configuration with the Master site?

3) I've looked at uddeIM and the problem is going to be regarding upgrades. The uddeIM FAQ indicates that an SQL query needs to be manually run on the database for each upgrade. This will cause a problem for users with many slave databases that are not shared (or are partially shared). How will JMS deal with upgrades for uddeIM?

Thanks and regards.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/02/27 04:42 By TonyGee.

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla