English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Access Level of Users
Access Level of Users 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
I have an Adsense module installed on my slave template which means this module is replicated on all my slave sites. I do not want the owners of the slave sites to be able to access this module because it would give them access to my Adsense code. I have looked into purchasing a component called Juga. Juga allows you to use the Joomla user groups or will allow you to create custom groups.

If a visitor creates a slave site from the front end, I need JMS to create a custom username and user type as the site admin. As it stands, JMS assigns the username "admin" and user level "Super Administrator" to the slave site admin. How do I get JMS to use a different username and assign a level of administrator?

If I can get this to work, then I can use Juga to restrict access to the Adsense module.

I know that Joomla requires at least one Super Administrator per site. I do not know any other way to restrict access to this module than to use a component like Juga.
bassfisher237
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Access Level of Users 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
As you mentioned Juga and discuss about Access Level of Users, I suppose that you are using Joomla 1.5 and not 2.5 that contain ACL.

When you create a website from the front-end, you can specify in the JMS template rule the "admin user". So that you can select a user that does not has the "Super Admin" privileges but only "Administrator"

Becarefull that Juga patch the joomla file and that this can introduce incompatibilities. In addition, the Juga can not have its content shared.

If you just want to restrict the access to some website to some users, see also the "Partial User Sharing" that allow define which user has access to which website.
Under joomla 1.5, the "partial user sharing" does not allow using different ACL for the users.
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...52&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2012/02/28 10:41 By edwin2win.

Re:Access Level of Users 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks for the tip, Edwin. I did not know JMS was compatible with Joomla 2.5

By the way, where is the file associated with the JMS messages? Instead of JMS saying "....site is deployed" when a slave is created, I'd like it to say something else.
bassfisher237
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Access Level of Users 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
The message are defined in the Joomla Language files.
See the user manual concerning the language file chapter 6.
Search for "deployed"
SITE_DEPLOYED
SITE_DEPLOYED_WITHOUT_ALIAS

Becarefull that each update of JMS, the language file can be overwritten.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2012/03/01 11:44 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla