English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Integration with 3rd party billing system
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Integration with 3rd party billing system
Integration with 3rd party billing system 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

I'm looking to use a non Joomla 3rd party subscription service to run my website subscriptions.

The user clicks a link from Joomla to access a subscription form on the 3rd party website and the payment status is sent back to Joomla either via HTTP or an API.

To save time and costs we are going to use an HTTP integration.

A unique User ID is created in the billing system and this ID is sent within the URL back to Joomla to identify the User.

The problem is that the information is sent back to a single static URL so it will not update the Joomla user in the correct slave site.

We're setting up seperate databases for each slave and it would be a pitty to have to share all the users just to handle this one situation.

How do you recommend to handle this situation?

I was wondering if it is possible to perhaps only share the user record for users that have subscribed but I don't know how this would be handled by JMS.

Any advice is greatly appreciated.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Integration with 3rd party billing system 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
In MySQL, you can not share a specific record between different DBs.
You either share the MySQL table with all the records or nothing.

I don't know how your specific subscription script is working but if it sends a notificiation on your website, this is the notification script that you have to analyze to allow it proceed with different website and perhaps dispatch the info to the appropriate website.
I don't know how you can identify a website based on a Billing system User ID and this will not correspond to the Joomla User ID.

So you have to analyze the API of your Billing System to see if you could dispatch the info to the appropriate website.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Integration with 3rd party billing system 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

Thanks for your response.

I've learned that we can only use the API of the billing system in question. Also we can send and store the Joomla User ID in the billing system.

I am now asking them to allow for a second custom field to store in their database.

Therefore their API will hopefully be able to send the Joomla User ID and some identifier to represent the sub-directory of the slave site in the API notifications.

Assuming the billing API can send both these variables to the Joomla master site; what would be the best way for the master site to send the notification to the relevant slave site database?

Your advice is greatly appreciated.

Kind regards.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

If your Billing Sytems has an API to automatically add a Joomla user, I think that a plugin created in Joomla could be used to "post" the information to your billing system and add the user dynamically.

Search in the Joomla Extension Directory to see if such plugin would not already exists for your billing system.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Integration with 3rd party billing system 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

The Billing System does dynamically create the user and it stores the Joomla User ID and a Slave ID in it's database however the problem is when the information is posted BACK to Joomla.

The billing system can only post information back to a pre-defined static URL so it needs to be set to post the data back to the Joomla master.

So my question is if there is a way to forward or post the information received from the Billing System to the correct slave?

Here is a diagram to explain better:

Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks and regards.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/03/05 04:26 By TonyGee.

If your billing system always send the information to a static URL script that will receive also the Slave Site ID, the easiest way is to change the receiving "static script" to be able connect on the appropriate website based on the slave site ID instead of trying to forward the request to the appropriate slave site.

I suppose that this "static script" can be modified to change its initialization in function of the slave site ID (when received).

The idea would be to have a "Multi Sites static script" that connect on the appropriated DB (using the appropriate configuration.php" file) depending on the Slave Site ID received.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2012/03/05 10:25 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla