English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Certain Users see all public and private templates
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Certain Users see all public and private templates
Certain Users see all public and private templates 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1
I have members to my site that I have specific templates for, but I also want them to be able to choose from the "public" templates I have available. If they are just a normal user that does not have a customized template, I only want them to be able to see the "public" templates.

How can I do this?

User A (has custom template) = Should be able to choose his custom template and public templates.

User B (no custom template) = Only public templates visible in when creating from frontend.
buddyq
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Certain Users see all public and private templates 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
For user A, you can setup JMS to have a specific custom "/templates" directory as explained in the tutorial video CP-05
www.jms2win.com/en/tutorial#jms12x-CP-05

For User B, is you can share the templates directory with Symbolic Links.
In Joomla 1.5, the joomla templates will automatically available.
In Joomla 1.6 or higher, joomla now require to use the "discover" function in the "extension manager" to discover the template in the slave sites.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Certain Users see all public and private templates 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1
Sorry Edwin but that video tutorial is not at ALL what I was describing.

This needs to be from the FRONT-END. Certain users need to be able to select different template as I've described. Your tutorial video was for manually putting in a different templates folder in the slave site creation process from the back. It's very hard to understand as well.

I think I explained it pretty clearly what I was looking for but this is so off the mark. Do you have any front-end solution? Automatic solution? Or do I need to hack the component to do it?

Buddy
buddyq
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Certain Users see all public and private templates 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
Do you want to have the same thing as in www.mywebsite2win.com that propose the possibility to create websites with different looks.

In this case, you have to prepare as many JMS Template for each Joomla template and let your customer select the package that they want.

If you want that your customers have their own joomla templates and be able to install their own joomla template then this is the video CP-05 where you specify that you want to "copy" the /templates directory and that you want the "template folder" = {deploy_dir}/templates
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2012/03/07 19:16 By edwin2win.

Re: Certain Users see all public and private templates 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 1
Do you want to have the same thing as in www.mywebsite2win.com that propose the possibility to create websites with different looks.

Yes, I know how to put multiple templates in the group that is for the front-end. For example, your mywebsite2win site allows me to choose from 3 templates. Fine. I'm just a regular public user, so that is showing all the public group templates. But I also have clients that have their very OWN templates that the "public" cannot use. The public should NOT see templates they are NOT allowed to see.

So a public user should ONLY see public templates, userB (who has his OWN template) should see all public AND his OWN.

Make sense?
buddyq
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

I don't understand how in the front-end you can distinguish the users.

If you an anonymous user you can for example display a menu that display a "public template" group.
When you are a registered user display a menu item that filter on "member template".

When you mention that a user has its own joomla template, for mean, that mean that he has purchased somewhere the Joomla installation package to install its own joomla template in the back-end of his website.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla