English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Questions about cron jobs
Questions about cron jobs 12 Years ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

Can you please confirm if we just setup a cron to run on the master will this work for all the slave sites?

I tried to setup a cron to run on my multisites installation however I've got the following error:

Code:

XML Parsing Error: XML or text declaration not at start of entity
Location: http://www.mysite.com/master/index.php?option=com_community&task=cron
Line Number 2, Column 1:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" ?><messages><message>No videos pending for conversion.</message><message>No temporary videos to delete.</message><message>No files to transfer.</message><message>No Videos to transfer.</ message><message>No avatars needed to be transferred</message><message>No avatars needed to be transferred</message><message>Removed Pending Invitation for Past Event</message></messages>

Can you please let me know if this is an actual error message or if the cron worked correctly?

Thanks and regards.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Questions about cron jobs 12 Years ago Karma: 0
I think the cron is working without issue.

My only question for now is regarding crons with multisites. Will the cron work for all the slave sites if it is set for the master site?

Thanks and regards.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Questions about cron jobs 12 Years ago Karma: 54
The cron that you make reference is a JomSocial cron.

If you want that the cron is working in the slave site, you need first that the extension is installed in the slave site and that you call the slave site URL.

In your sample, it seems that it call the master.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Questions about cron jobs 12 Years ago Karma: 0
Thanks Edwin, is there a solution to automatically run the cron for all slave sites from the master.

Or perhaps automatically generate new crons for each new slave.

I have been building an automated process and may have hundreds of slave sites. I cannot manually setup crons for every url. I have crons for about 5 different processes. hopefully there is a way around this.

Thanks and regards.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Questions about cron jobs 12 Years ago Karma: 54
If you want to have a "super cron" that execute each individual slave site cron, I think you should write a shell script that execute plenty of small scripts.

Perhaps that you should create a small plugin that automatically create a small cron shell script stored in a specific directory and that you develop a super cron script that execute each individual script present in this directory.

I think that such kind of "Super cron" script can be a shell script.

Other solution would be to build dynamically the super cron script and fill it with all small individual scripts.
Perhaps that build this "super cron" script could be rebuilt when creating a slave site from the front-end OR create a specific Joomla component (cron) that would be able to dynamically create the shell script that should be executed once created.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla