English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Updates turned my website bad - how to uninstall ?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Updates turned my website bad - how to uninstall ?
Updates turned my website bad - how to uninstall ? 12 Years ago Karma: 0
Hello,

I use jms since almost 2 years now, i have a master website and few slave site.

Recently around 3 months i updated with the new version and it apparently gave trouble that now i have difficulties to access to the master website as administrator, i can not access the plug in page (it is white) and i don't see all my slave site in the tools allowing to deploy component, modules and plugin from the master site to the slave site.

I am seriously thinking uninstalling jms component to come back on the traditional way tyo update all my site one by one but i am scared to destroy everything as all my siter (salve) are in production and online.

All my website are on the same database but on different prefix one.

What io am scared if i uninstall is too loose some connection between site and database and or symbolic link also

Is there a procedure to uninstall?
laurentmartin
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Updates turned my website bad - how to uninstall ? 12 Years ago Karma: 54
When you have a white page, this is the symptom of a PHP fatal error somewhere.

Check your "error_log" file to get more info concerning the potential reason of the fatal error.

When you uninstall JMS from the master, this will restore all the original files that were backed up by JMS when installing the patches.
In this case, only the master will work and all the slave site will probably not work (as they are not standalone but slave of JMS).
So if you want to avoid losing your slave sites, you should first convert them into standalone website. This consists in a backup of your master, restore your master and finally replace the master "configuration.php" with the slave site "configuration.php" and of course re-use all your slave site images, templates and other specific files.
When you have removed all the slave site from JMS, you can finally uninstall JMS in the master. (as there is no more slaves).
edwin2win
graph

Re: Updates turned my website bad - how to uninstall ? 12 Years ago Karma: 0
Hello,
I am actually facing several problem.
Among them:
- Slave sites doesn't appear to be recognize in the Tools tab
- I can not access the plugin page in my master (this i solved it with indeed checking the error_log and founding that some error appeared several time to a plugin named lazzy back up, i have unpublished it and now i can access back to the page)
- I can not logon on my back end or in my front end with my current internet browser (firefox) i have one a session B of my windows, whereas i can log on from a session A of my windows with firefox (i have already checked if cookies are activated on both side and they are ok, i have checked antivirus, i have checked if popup is not blocked). Here i don't see how to solve this serious problem as i plan to reinstall windows soon on my computer and I am scared i will not be able to access jms master website. Here the symptom is i input the login and password and it refresh the page without telling me password is wrong (it still not work on this).

I have check this file libraries/joomla/application/application.php and inside there is this

"//_jms2win_begin v1.2.10
if ( defined( 'MULTISITES_COOKIE_DOMAINS')) {
$cookie_domains = explode( '|', MULTISITES_COOKIE_DOMAINS);
$hash = JUtility::getHash('JLOGIN_REMEMBER');
foreach ( $cookie_domains as $cookie_domain) {
if ( !empty( $cookie_domain)) {
setcookie( $hash, $rcookie, $lifetime, '/', $cookie_domain);
}
else {
setcookie( $hash, $rcookie, $lifetime, '/' );
}
}
}
else {
setcookie( JUtility::getHash('JLOGIN_REMEMBER'), $rcookie, $lifetime, '/' );
}
//_jms2win_end
/*_jms2win_undo
setcookie( JUtility::getHash('JLOGIN_REMEMBER'), $rcookie, $lifetime, '/' );
_jms2win_undo */"

my jms version is 1.2.26
my patch version is 1.2.32

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards
laurentmartin
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/04/30 23:08 By laurentmartin.

up
laurentmartin
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Updates turned my website bad - how to uninstall ? 12 Years ago Karma: 54
I suppose that you are using Joomla 1.5

Concerning your login problem, verify if you have shared the users between websites.

If yes and if you decided to share the users with the master website, verify that you are using the same domain name. Otherwise, it is possible that you have restricted the access to a specific domain and that you are trying to login from another domain.

You can also see the master "cookie domain" value when you view the file /multisites/config_multisites.php

When a cookie domain is specified for the master, you have
MULTISITES_MASTER_COOKIE_DOMAINS

If you remove the define or put it in comment, this will remove the cookie domain used to login on the master.
Becarefull that this file is replaced each time that you save a website definition.
edwin2win
graph

Dear Edwin,

Thank you for yur excellent support.

I have commented the define line (line 9 for me) and indeed now it works !

I have ten slvae site and only one appear inside the tool tree

I have check website and it appears that the only one website that appears in the list of the tools (let's call it A) is the only one which has been created from the template of the master (From site id = master), the other ones (B, C, D) that don't appear are the one derivated from A via the template tab
laurentmartin
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/05/02 14:01 By laurentmartin.

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla