English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Partial user sharing and different site themes
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Partial user sharing and different site themes
Partial user sharing and different site themes 12 Years ago Karma: 0
Dear Edwin,

after days of trials I cannot figure out how to solve the following, please help in this.
I have purchased partial user sharing for solving this issue as well.

I want to create a maincommunity (let's say maincommnity.com) and subcommunites (1sub.community.com, 2sub.community.com, etc.).
The maincommuninity has a specific template with specific module positions what differs from the template and module positions that subcommunities use.
Up to this point the soultion was simple. I have created a fresh Joomla install on maincommunity.com, installed multisite component. I have created a slave site with a template (called CORE_FOR_SUBCOMMUNITIES), I have set up the required theme and module positions in CORE, and afterwards I could easily replicate CORE for the subdomain sites, and they had a different outlook like the master (maincommunity.com).

But I found to a good idea to partially share the users, so purchased your component. What I would like to achieve is:
I want to set a SUBSITE users to be shared or not shared on another site.
For example: 1sub.community.com users can be present on maincommunity.com and/or on 3sub.community.com, etc. BUT 2sub.community.com members cannot be there on maincommunity.com or other slave sites)
Furthermore users who regsitered on maincommunity.com cannot be automatically present on any subcommunity, only if they set to be there. To achieve this all the subsites should have a specific joomla user group (maincommunity.com would be the registered joomla group, 1sub.community.com would have the 1sub Joomla group, 2sub.community.com would have the 2sub Joomla group, etc.). This way if I set a user into a joomla group it decides whether he is present on a site or not.
So, it can happen that a user registers on maincommunity.com but this means that he will be not a member for example of 1sub.community.com, but if I set this user to the 1sub Joomla group as well, he will be present.

Anyway, I think I could solve the above, except, that those sites can be shared that are copied. It seems for me, if I want to share maincommunity.com users with 1sub.community.com users I need to replicate maincommunity.com not the above mentioned CORE_FOR_SUBCOMMUNITIES. So, my subsites cannot have a differet design.
So far, it seems to me either I have this user sharing that I wish or the different design for subsites.

Really need your help, thank you!

Jozsef
joekker
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Partial user sharing and different site themes 12 Years ago Karma: 54
Concerning the partial user sharing, there is one point that must be understood.

You can NOT restrict the access on the websites where you physically store the users.
So in your case, if the "maincommunity" is the place where you physically store the users then all the users will have access to this "maincommunity".

Only the "children" website that are sharing the users with their "parent" physical website can have restriction and have partial user sharing.

So if you want to have the "maincommunity" also restricted, you need to create a "usercommunity" website that you don't publish and simply use to store the users infos.

The only thing that you can do on the physical "maincommunity" this is specifying different "group level" but not totally hide the users from this website.

See the plugin User / Partial User Sharing that allows you selecting in which website you want to propagate the group level of the new users.

So I think that you have to create
- usercommunity : the place where physically the user information are stored - do not publish this website - just an internal website
- maincommunity : that partially share the users with "usercommunity"
- subcommunity : that also partially share the users with "usercommunity"
edwin2win
graph

Re: Partial user sharing and different site themes 12 Years ago Karma: 0
Thank you for the answer!

Yes, in the past days I got to something similar solution. But it doesn't help, as I use Jomsocial on the sites and doesn't matter a user is present on a site or not, he will be seen by others in Jomsocial as Jomsocial doesn't have the partial sharing.

If my user registers on a slave site, but he is set not to be present on the master, he cannot login the master, but any other master users can see his profile in Jomsocial.
I want if a user shares photos in Jomsocial with registered user only than only his slave site registered users should see his photos not the master site regsitered user. But this seems not to be possible.

So, as partial user sharing is only for Joomla users I think I bought the component unnecessarily
joekker
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Partial user sharing and different site themes 11 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 54
If you have correctly create your slave site with the "Partial User Sharing" and selection that you want partially share the users when creating the slave site THEN whatever the extension (jomsocial or other) the joomla users are restricted and not saw in MySQL.

So I supose that you didn't share partially the users when you created the slave site but probably share all the users (not partiallly).

So you have to "drop" the current sharing with PHPMYAdmin and rebuild the sharing with the partial sharing.

Jomsocial is not able to display users that are NOT present in the slave site (because they are partially shared).
So you have to verify that you effectivelly "partially shared" the users when you created the slave site.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2012/05/03 17:47 By edwin2win.

Re: Partial user sharing and different site themes 11 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 0
I did Joomla users share partially of course. The problem was, that I shared Jomsocial as well that can be done only "sharing all". For my purposes I need to share Jomsocial.

If I don't share Jomsocial you are right, the "A"user's profile won't be seen on site"B". But neither his group mebership etc will be seen as Jomsocial is not shared. Only the member is shared not his profile.

What I would like is simple. If a master user on the master site joins jomsocial group "A" he will be present on the group's personalized site (site"A") as well, and he sees the same profile (groups, blogs, events, etc) what he has on master site.

The opposite also possible: when a slave site user want to be a member of the master site as well, I want the user to see his slave site profile on the master.

This would be possible only if there would be Jomsocial partial sharing as well.
And I use Easyblog that has a user sharing as weel, what would need also a partial sharing for the same purposes.

Your component is great, but it seems unfortunately not for me.
joekker
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Partial user sharing and different site themes 11 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 54
Today, it is not possible to share the JomSocial content partially except for the configuration that can be excluded (specific) for each slave.
Only the joomla "group level" can be specific and available with the partial user sharing.

Create a partial jomscial sharing or partial easyblog sharing is not planned for the moment. If you want that we develop such speicific thing, this is possible with our billable support that you can order at
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...35&category_id=1

I can not tell you how many days is required to do that.
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2012/05/05 18:27 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla