English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: problem getting slve site contents
problem getting slve site contents 11 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

I have created one slave site using JMS multisites.
After creation, joomla is installed as per regular setup. Configuaration file and other symbolic links are also successfully created automatically.
But when I try to open the subdomain url , it just display the site name, that's it, no contents.
And for administrator url it gives 500, Internal Server Error.
I am not getting what the issue is.
In symbolic links the path to master site is also correct.

Please help me out with this issue.

Thanks in advance.

Nikhil.
nikhilb
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: problem getting slve site contents 11 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 54
500 Internal Server Error can be due to several things.

Possible reason are:
- Permission error. If your server is using suPHP, check that you don't files and folders with permission = 777
Try using the hello.php file to check if you have correct folder permission. (see video 7 - hello world).

- .htaccess content that has an error. If the .htaccess is present, try removing it temporarly (rename it) to check if the error is located in the htaccess.

- Perhaps that your server does not allow to follow the symbolic links.

If you are using a VPS or dedicated server, try to find more information in the server log file to have more details concerning the reason of the "internal server error".
edwin2win
graph

Re:problem getting slave site contents 11 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks Edwin for the reply.

I have checked using hello.php . Symbolic link generated using hello.phph is working correctly.
I also tried by renaming htaccess.txt file , but no luck.
Do I need to set permissions for symblic links as well to 755, right now they are set to 777.
For the subdomain front end it just shows the site name.
this is the subdomain url - ultimateopenhouse.onsite2online.com

Thanks,
Nikhil.
nikhilb
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/05/10 14:04 By nikhilb.

Re:problem getting slave site contents 11 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 54
The Symbolic Link permission can not be changed.

Check the joomla default template selected.
Perhaps you don't have the template installed or you have removed it or there are permission issue inside the "/templates" directory.

I don't see any "500 Internal Error" at that point.
Just a joomla template without any content but when you have a look in the source, you can see that the html is correctly closed.
So I suspect an problem in the template selected or the DB content that has nothing to display.
edwin2win
graph

Re:problem getting slave site contents 11 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

Thanks for reply. I checked /templates directory of slave site. It has copied all the templates from master site. But in new database for slave site it's having just two templates one for front-end(rhuk_milkyway) and one for admin(Khepari). Then I copied the rhuk_milkyway template from my local joomla setup into slave sites /templates directory. Now it's showing template on ultimateopenhouse.onsite2online.com

But for ultimateopenhouse.onsite2online.com/administrator it's still giving 500 internal server error. I checked server's error_log file. In that i get
SoftException in Application.cpp:221: File "/var/www/vhosts/onsite2online.com/httpdocs/administrator/index.php" is not in document root of Vhost "/var/www/vhosts/onsite2online.com/subdomains/ultimateopenhouse/httpdocs".
I checked solution for suPHP as well, but my domain is not using suPHP, it's a normal PHP Version 5.2.14
So is there any other solution for this issue.

Actually, i want like slave sites may have different templates and contents.
Each slave site will have different deploy directory than the master site and will have one separate database for all the slave sites with different table prefixes.
I have followed many JMS video tutos but i am still confused.

Can you please provide me the step by step way to configure JMS to meet my requirement.

Thanking you,
Nikhil.
nikhilb
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/05/11 13:40 By nikhilb.

Re:problem getting slave site contents 11 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
Based on the error message that you mentioned ("file not in document root") and the path (httpdocs), it seems that you are using a Plesk environment with an open_basedir enabled.

Check the open_basedir value because. When a value is present, you must ensure that the path to the master is also present. Otherwise, you will not be able to share the files and folder on the disk. This will be rejected by your "open_basedir".

Your problem is located in the Plesk configuration and not in JMS.
You need to provide the permission to share the files and folders between the slave sites and the master.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla