English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

I have got a problem with menu and articles ext..
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: I have got a problem with menu and articles ext..
I have got a problem with menu and articles ext.. 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi everybody,

I want to configure the articles sharing and menu items extensions but it´s not that easy than like seem.

I need share partial content of the master web site to slave sites, the master web sites has a Megamenu (mainmenu) and (sections m) and (category m) and (article m), and I want to share this estructure to the slave sites but I dont know how to...

I has read the documentation pdf´s but the information is not enough, can you help me to do it please....

Reagards
helmuntdavid
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: I have got a problem with menu and articles ext.. 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
The "Article Sharing for JMS" works exactly the same as the standard joomla menut type "article" except that it add the possibility from which site you read the article.

When you want to display the article as a blog in joomla, you create a menu item that select the menu type "Article" subtype "Category Blog Layout".
With the "Article Sharing", you select the menu type "Multisites Article Sharing" subdype "Multisites Category Blog Layout".
This display exactly the same parameters with the additional "Site ID" parameter to specify from which website you read the articles.

I don't see what is complex in that as this is exactly the same as the joomla articles with just the Site ID parameter added.

Concerning the "Multisites Menu Item", it works at the menu item level. That mean that in a website, you can create a menu item that redirect the user to another website that you have selected with its site ID and reference to its menut item entry. This will create a dynamic weblink computed based on the current value of the "foreign" menu item.
edwin2win
graph

Re:I have got a problem with menu and articles ext.. 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello Edwin is a pleasure to greet you,

On the main site I have a mega-menu I'd like to share with the slave sites, of course with their respective sections and categories. I want to achieve when the slave site visitors click on one of the buttons shared in the mega-menu does not redirect to the main site, but right there to show you an article for example, keeping the template (look and feel) for sites slaves.

When I create a button I should share from master or the slave site?, What should I keep the button menu share, in the main menu of the main site or I can create within another menu from the main site different?, ¿I could access the sections and categories of the main site from the sites from there slaves and add buttons for example?.

Thanks for your help and sorry edwin pro favor if the question is very obvious but I could not do

Regards
helmuntdavid
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:I have got a problem with menu and articles ext.. 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
The multisite menu item will redirect to the website and therefore will not display the article with the slave site look and feel.

If you want to remain in the current site and display and article coming from another website, you have to use the "Article Sharing for JMS" that will help you doing that.
It allows reading the articles coming from another website and display it in the current site.

So create a menu item where you select "Multistes Article Sharing" and select from which website you want to read the article.
For example, in the slave site you want to display an article coming from the "master" then create a menu item in the slave site with "multisites article sharing" and where you select site = "master" and the section, category, articles that you want to display.
edwin2win
graph

Re:I have got a problem with menu and articles ext.. 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

Thanks for your help in this thread, I have resolved the problem with your last answer. But I´d like to know what is the difference between "Multisites Menu Item" and the type of menu "external link", in the case of slave sites. There are the same?

Regards and thank you again.
helmuntdavid
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/06/18 23:14 By helmuntdavid.

Re:I have got a problem with menu and articles ext.. 11 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
External link and "multisites menu item" are close. The difference is that the link is computed dynamically and therefore when you change the menu item definition in the "targetted" website then it is automatically updated. Otherwise, you have to go in each website to change manually each external link to reflect the change that you did in the target.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla