English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

DB creation failing after these latest patches.
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: DB creation failing after these latest patches.
DB creation failing after these latest patches. 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
I have not change how I create users/DBs at all, but this afternoon I went to create a new site and JMS was unable to create the tables in my DB. The error message I get is:

500 - An error has occurred.

JDatabaseMySQL::query: 1142 - SELECT command denied to user 'J_abcgrill'@'domainname.com' for table 'jos_alfcontact' SQL=CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS jos_alfcontact LIKE `J_template1`.`jos_alfcontact`

Now I always create the user in PHPMyAdmin and create a DB matching the username giving all privs to that user automatically, so there's no issue as far as privs to J_dbname. This way I have a J_abcgrill user and DB of the same name and easy to keep track of.

When I logged into PHPMyAdmin with the J_ username I tried the SQL command above (CREATE TABLE IF NOT EXISTS jos_alfcontact LIKE `J_template1`.`jos_alfcontact`) and also got an error. I'm creating the DB from a template site, however the J_username does not have any access to the template DB. This is how it's always been. Did the method change for creating a DB from a template? If so, there's an issue, because the target DB user does not have access to the source DB.

No idea, why it's not working now when I've created lots of sites like this before.
rdugaue
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: DB creation failing after these latest patches. 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
This is a problem of permission in MySQL.
Not a problem related to JMS.

When you want to copy (here create a table based on another one that mays be located in another DB) then you need to provide a MySQL user that has the privileges to access both DB.

If at least need to have privileges to read the other DB.

So check the privileges of you MySQL user.
edwin2win
graph

Re:DB creation failing after these latest patches. 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Yes, I know it's a permission issue, but I've never had this problem before. I'm creating the new site based on a template. I've never had to give permissions to the new site's sql user to the template site before. Has something changed requiring this? I thought when a site is created based on a template, the username of the template is used to facilitate the transfer.

Are you saying in order to create a new site based on a template we now have to give permission to the new username I create to 2 databases? Again, I've never had to this before. I've created at least 4 sites based on this template without having to do this.
rdugaue
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Re:DB creation failing after these latest patches. 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Also, I didn't see anything about having to give a user permissions to two sites when creating from a template in the video tutorial.
rdugaue
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2010/02/19 15:56 By rdugaue.

Re:DB creation failing after these latest patches. 14 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 54
Contact your hosting provider.
Perhaps they have increase the security.

To copy a DB, you need to have the permission to read the DB to copy and also the permission on the DB to write.
edwin2win
graph

edwin2win wrote:
Contact your hosting provider.
Perhaps they have increase the security.

To copy a DB, you need to have the permission to read the DB to copy and also the permission on the DB to write.
I am my own host provider. It's my own dedicated server. I haven't changed any permissions. Oh well, guess I'll live with another quirk that popped up, i'll just have to remember to give the new user temporary select permission on the template next time.
rdugaue
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla