English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Slave site setup keeps looping back to install
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Slave site setup keeps looping back to install
Slave site setup keeps looping back to install 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
I have the multisites component setup and patches installed (master site: pangborn-eu.preview.interworks.com). I'm trying to setup my first slave site (vogelandschemmann.preview.interworks.com). When I get to the end of the installation script, it gives me the textarea with the configuration.php code in it, which leads me to believe I have some permissions problems. I manually saved the configuration.php file to the subdirectory that multisites created (/multisites/vogelandschemmann), but when I try to go to the new slave site I get the first step of Joomla installation (select language) again. I have the hello.php file copied to the master site if that helps any. Can you please point me in the right direction? I think your component will be exactly what I need once I get past this hurdle. Thanks in advance.
matt.mueggenborg
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/03/03 20:15 By matt.mueggenborg.Reason: changed topic icon
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Slave site setup keeps looping back to install 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
You have to save the "configuration.php" into the "deploy directory" that may be different of the "/multisites/{site_id}
edwin2win
graph

Re: Slave site setup keeps looping back to install 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
How do I determine where the deploy directory is? Does a different deploy directory get created for each slave site?
matt.mueggenborg
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Slave site setup keeps looping back to install 14 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
Deploy direectory is the parameter that you have specified in JMS "manage site".
Review the tutorial video CP-04 that show how to configure a slave site into a specific directory.
www.jms2win.com/tutorial#jms12x-CP-04
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2010/03/05 10:34 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla