English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Where is the deploy directory field?
Where is the deploy directory field? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
JMS is installed and patched. I am trying to create a simple slave site in a subdirectory. I see in the tutorials about the site id and the list of domain names, but I don't have a "deploy directory" field.

The site manager creates the subdirectory, but there is nothing copied in there. In the multisites/slave1 directory there is a config_multisites.php file and a cache directory.

What am I missing here?
jakeatencio
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Where is the deploy directory field? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
You are missing to setup the "deploy folder" that is NOT displayed when you don't have the Symbolic Link allowed.

So review the tutorial vdeo 3 to 7 to check the Symbolic Links.
In your case, the JMS setting, replied "forbidden".
In video 7 it is remember the element that must be checked.

Based on your screenshot, I suppose that you have installed JMS on a Windows platform that does not support the Symbolic Links.
If this is the case, you will not be able to use the Symbolic Link feature.

When using PHP on IIS, it is possibile to simulate partially the subdirectories with Virtual Directory. I don't think you are in this case as I saw "XAMP" (uniX AMP).
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2010/03/31 11:40 By edwin2win.

Re: Where is the deploy directory field? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Hi I have the same problem. I create a web server for a school an it is windows server 2003. The school doesn't want to use unix base OS. So i find your component and is it usefull for login to multi site.

So my question is how can i setup your component to get the same result as on unix base OS.

regards,

Alvaro Alberto
goby22
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Where is the deploy directory field? 14 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
On Windows the Symbolic Link does NOT exists.
So the "deploy folder" does not exists.
See the tutorial video 3 to 7 the explain how to check if the symbolic link is allowed.

There is no way to use Symbolic Links.
The only alternative solution on Windows with IIS is to use the "Virtual Directories" that is outside of JMS.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Where is the deploy directory field? 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,

I have set up the template, the list of domain names is : http://{site_url}/{site_id}, the deploy folder is : /webroot/b/i/biofu002/primary/www/{site_id} and I click the "Create the deployed folder" button when I create the site.
The site is generated, but when I want to access the site, I get the 404 - Error:404

Do I need set up a symbolic link every time I want to deploy to a subdomain or folder?

I am workin on a Unix system and "Unix Symbolic Links: Allowed"

Can you please advise?

Thanks in advance!
jeffreyd65
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Where is the deploy directory field? 13 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
If you are in the same scenarion than the topic of this thead, then you are on a Windows Platform where the Symbolic Link is not allowed.

As you don't mentionned any information concerning your environment, I can jsut assumed that you are on Windows Platform and that Deploy Directory is not allowed.

If you are on Windows and therefore don't have possiblity to deploy a slave site into a specific direcrtory, as you could read in this forum, it is very hard to have a specific template folder for the windows platforms as most of the extension have hardcoded the "/templates" directory path in their extension.

The 404 means that the directory or the path does not exists.
Uses a "hello.php" to check that you have the correct path and directory.
See tutorial video 7 that show how to proceed with hello world.
You can put this file in any directory to verify that you have correctly setup your HTTP Server (not JMS) and that you ahve the correct path. This hello.php display the path that should be used in the "deploy folder" when it is present (linux platform and symbolic link allowed).
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla