English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Problem trying to install
Problem trying to install 14 Years ago Karma: 0
I spent the last 2 days just try to solve the permission error. I searched the forum and found many of people has the same problem like me, unable to solve the "Patches check." I submit ticket to the sys admin and he said he'd solved most of it.

I tried again, still error, so I uninstall component (error unable to copy file) then re-install (error again). I even enabled the FTP layer with FTP user and password in video tutorial step 15 but no help. Now I'm unable to install nor uninstall JMS, it says component installation success with some error but I can't find it in the menu.

I'm stuck here, I was wondering if it is possible to make the FTP user to have all the privilages like "root" ? I'm the only one use the server and website so security isn't an issue. I installed many components and I had no problems like this one. The problem is, like Edwin said, due to security, Joomla won't tell us where is the "problem" to fix.

Any clue I'd appreciate it, to buy a great component and unable to install it (by no where it's the script's fault, just my stupidity) is frustrated of all.
nam207
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2010/04/05 20:25 By nam207.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Problem trying to install 14 Years ago Karma: 0
Still waiting for help, been checking back and forth this forum in the last few hours! Thanks!
nam207
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Problem trying to install 14 Years ago Karma: 54
If you have a FTP "root" user, you can try using it to install the patches.
You will just move the permission problem after the installation as you will probably not be able to use the symbolic link.

If you want to know exactly which file have wrong permission, you have to modify the joomla kernel to add traces. Unfortunatelly, Joomla does not report the files and folders in error. Probably for security reason. They don't want to publish directory path.

The files that are modified are the one that are listed by the JMS "check patches".
The problem is that JMS "check paches" need to modify existing files and not only install new files as when you have install JMS itself.
So change existing file require permissions that are not provided.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Problem trying to install 14 Years ago Karma: 0
I've solved the problem, actually my sys admin did, so I really can't tell how did he do that to help others who might have the same problem, the installation is over, now it's the hard part .

Thanks Edwin,
nam207
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla