English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

htaccess for subdomains and file directory questio
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: htaccess for subdomains and file directory questio
htaccess for subdomains and file directory questio 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I have not installed JMS yet,

my question is about the proper settings for htacesss

I have a joomla installed on my host root

then I have subdirectories.

example /namenet
example /nameorg
example /namecom

in the /"root"

I have htaccess

will the htaccess control all the subdirectories? or will I need to turn on htaccess from htaccess.txt in each subdirectory?

i also have subdomains on the root they seem to preform okay..

with rewrite turned on and SEO/URL global settings all to yes.

with rewrite turned on in global in the subdirectories however, where I want to test JMS, if rewrite is set to yes, and the htaccess is not on, "name changed" the site will allow me to login the backend, but any changes log me out.

I assume this is htaccess, but need to get it right before I install your JMS, hopefully I have explained myself..

and hopefully its okay to ask here about this.
thank you

tw

p.s grew up in belguim.. I could use some co dor hazzle nut.. I do miss that. and sugar bread.. and fondues.. okay a walk down memory lane..sorry
r2dterry
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: htaccess for subdomains and file directory questio 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
When you have website present in subdirectory, you probably know that the htaccess manage its current directory and all the subdirectories.
So yes the setting you will put in the htaccess present in the root may affect the subdirectories.

You can also have htaccess present in the subdirectories to provide specific setting.
So you could change some setting or have specific one in a subdirectory.

It is possible with the JMS Multisites templates rule to define how to replicate the htaccess and it is also possible to ask modify the rewritebase parameter according the new domain name.
In general it is recommended to copy the htaccess to have the possibility to modify its contain.

Perhaps in your case, you have to put a rewritebase with the subdirectory value.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla