English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

2 Different Joomla Installations / Share Tables
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: 2 Different Joomla Installations / Share Tables
2 Different Joomla Installations / Share Tables 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I need to figure out if MultiSites will work for me. I have a Joomla new web site (Site 1) that has JomSocial and Almond Classifieds for Joomla installed on it.

I want to make a second web site (Site 2) that is just for classified ads. The problem is that there is certain site-specific information that Almond Classifieds for Joomla stores in the /components/aclassf directory.

So I can't use MultiSites where I use one install of Joomla to run two sites. I need to have two installations of Joomla and share the user, JomSocial, and Almond Classifieds for Joomla tables. This would allow me to correctly setup the data files for Almond Classifieds properly on the second site that get written to disk and still have one user table across both sites.

Is that possible?

Thanks in advance!

Sean
spcover
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: 2 Different Joomla Installations / Share Tables 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
This will not be easy if you want to have 2 independent joomla installation because you want to have 2 independent /components directories.

I prefer to tell you this is not possible because try to do that with JMS Multisites is complex.
The solution would be to have 2 master website that declare the other websites as a slave.
That will be dangereous and may result with problem.

So by security, I prefer to tell you that this is not possible.
edwin2win
graph

Re: 2 Different Joomla Installations / Share Tables 13 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks for the quick reply. I appreciate it.
spcover
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla