English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: How to create a new DB?
How to create a new DB? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

I have a template for front end sites creation with the same db and a different table prefix and it works perfect but now I want to create each new websites with new databases. My question is, do I have to manually go to the cPanel and create each new database por each new website and then put the new name of the dababase on the template and then create the slave site? Or is there a automatic way of creating new databases? Thankyou.
ricardoos
Junior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: How to create a new DB? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
If you have a MySQL user that has the privileges to create the DB, you can provide it into the multisites.cfg.php file.
See user manual page 14.

In general, when you have the MySQL root login, you can provide it to try provide more privilege to build the DB. JMS Multisites can also create the MySQL user when the privilges are high enough.

I can just tell you this is not easy to setup and configure.
The easiest way is to simply use a MySQL user attached to the DB that you want to replicate that has all the permission to build new DB and of course that will have the permission for the new DBs.
edwin2win
graph

Re: How to create a new DB? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,
I have entered my user info into the multisites.cfg.php, how do I force the template to used that user when creating a fresh slave site from the front end? Do I just leave those fields blank? And finally, how do I know if the user has enough permissions to create dbs? I gave it all the permissions I could from the CPanel.
When creating a newsite with new database from front end I still get the error unable no connect to database and the slave is created without database.

thankyoul
ricardoos
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

JMS Multisites automatically try using the parameters present in the config when it has an error with the current DB parameters.

As shown in tutorial video 0.b slide 35, cPanel does NOT provide ALL PRIVILEGES.
You need to have a PHPMyAdmin root login to see if you have all the privileges and also the right to create DBs.
edwin2win
graph

Re: How to create a new DB? 13 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Edwin,

I changed my hosting and in the new one (VPS) I have a mysql root user (named root) with a password and my hosting company told me that user was able to create dbs. I entered the user, the password and the server (localhost) on the multisites.cfg.php and uploaded it but when I create a slave site from the front end I still get the error: unable to connect to database. What do you think I am missing? thankyou.
ricardoos
Junior Boarder
graphgraph

It is not easy to identify.
You have to check each parameters.
Sometimes, this is the host that must contain a specifc value.

Cross-check outside of JMS Multsiites that you can effectivelly create database with MySQL statement to ensure that the Login and Password that you are using has the correct privileges.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla