English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Many Sites w/Same Content - Different Templates
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Many Sites w/Same Content - Different Templates
Many Sites w/Same Content - Different Templates 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
I recently purchased your multisites product.

I would like to have one Joomla installation with many different sub-domains... each sub-domain with it's own template specified. The content will be exactly the same on all sites with just the template needing to be different.

I want to be able to display several different templates for my clients to choose from and thought it would be great to have only one installation of Joomla where if I change the content on the master they would all change.

Maybe I'm missing something, but with each new site I create, there is an entire new Joomla installation.

Thanks for your help
richart
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Many Sites w/Same Content - Different Templates 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
First if you want to propose a service to your customer to create website based on "joomla template" then you can get inspired of tutorial video 13
www.jms2win.com/en/tutorial#jms12x-13

In this case, you will have to create several slave site that will be setup with the appropriate "Joomla template" or provide them a set of "Joomla template" from which they will be able to select a "default" template in the back-end.

Each website content will be a clone, a copy of the website that you will create as "website template".

The content of the website will not be shared.

If you want to share some content, this is possible for a limited number of extensions.
See the list of extension in the JMS Tool - help menu or here
www.jms2win.com/component/content/article/135

Share a whole website with exactly the same content for all the website and only another "default joomla template" is not immediately possible.
If you share the whole website, you can just replace the content of the "joomla template" directory with another template content so that you keep the same name but with another look.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Many Sites w/Same Content - Different Templates 13 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 0
Share a whole website with exactly the same content for all the website and only another "default joomla template" is not immediately possible.
If you share the whole website, you can just replace the content of the "joomla template" directory with another template content so that you keep the same name but with another look.

Thanks! This makes sense... just replace the template folders content of each "slave site" with the desired template files.
richart
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Many Sites w/Same Content - Different Templates 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
I have a question concerning this. I really like this feature, and I am about to buy the component but first I have to answer this doubt. I want to have identical copies of my main website but the only thing that needs to change is the contact information... Is this possible? It is really important to me that the contact info would be different on all sites... If this wouldnt be possible is there any way i could sync the content/menus between sites?

Looking forward to an answer. Thanx.
fire2
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Many Sites w/Same Content - Different Templates 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
If you want to share a whole website except the contact information, this is possible with a small development.
In fact the idea is to share the whole website and display the contact information corresponding to the current site ID. This is possible if you put in the alias field of the contact for the site ID and that you create a specific layout that is able to display the contact correspond to your specific site ID.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla