English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Lost in JMS logic and really need help
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Lost in JMS logic and really need help
Lost in JMS logic and really need help 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
I have a domain, lets call it www.jms.com that is already established and I need to create slave sites for this domain. Now to complicate the issue I need to use Jreviews on www.jms.com. Unless things have changed I cant use Jreviews on slave sites.

So from my understanding I would have to create a new site and install JMS, and then make www.jms.com the master site, and then from there make all the other slave sites.

Problems:

1. Every time I try to make a site outside the multisite folder I get the ( can not create the target directory ) error

2. Am I correct in thinking that all components that I install in the master are the ones that are shared?

3. How do I turn www.jms.com into a master site when it's already established.

4. There has to be a way to install JMS on an exsisting site and convert that site into a master site ( I guess thats faith in JSM ) but i know you guys are great at coding. I have just never seen you explain how.

Ok so after reading every tutorial and watching all the movies, and having this component for a year or more it's time to put it to use.
Mongo
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2011/04/18 21:30 By Mongo.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Lost in JMS logic and really need help 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
ok I understand how to make masters and slaves, I really went back over the tutorials, got rid of the fear or learning a new product. I did't know I would have to go remapping all my domains.

Now I have a serious problem with Jreviews, even if I remap a installation that Jreviews has registered I can't install Jreviews because it's NOT the master, and I can't get the one place I can't actually install Jrevieews in a place that shares the users. So how do I get around this?
Mongo
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Lost in JMS logic and really need help 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
If you want to install an extension, it is required that it is previously installed in the master.
So if it is not yet present, you can restore the directory in the back-end that also contain the manifest file of the extensions.

Perhaps this will help installing the extension and bypass the check performed by Jms Multi Sites.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Lost in JMS logic and really need help 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
Not sure I follow, so I'll say it in my words and you confirm it.
1. I change the directory to install Jreviews at their site to the slave site and install Jreviews. The change the registration url again to a slave site and then reinstall it there. If this is not what you where saying, I think I came to this idea last night and thought I would try it.
Mongo
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Lost in JMS logic and really need help 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
No this is not correct.

I say:
1) Go in the master website and install JReviews.
2) Go in the slave site and re-install JReviews but this is in the same directory as the master. You can not change the directory where JReviews is installed.

The concept of Jms Multi Sites is to share the same Joomla installation (PHP Code).
So the same files and folders on the disk.

The problem with JReviews is that it saves its configuration in a file on the disk and that this file is common (shared, identical) to all the websites.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Lost in JMS logic and really need help 13 Years ago Karma: 0
Jreview use Joomla Article structure to develop their listing.

Do I need to use "Article sharing" Producto to clone my listing in jreview ?

Thanks in advance.
menu3w
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla