English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Permissions errors when I share K2
Permissions errors when I share K2 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
I have about 10 sites all setup in a multi-site config, you can see them in the image, all inside of another slave site and the main domain is umaballa.com. Now when I have K2 installed in each slave I get no errors, but as soon as I share K2 with it's template i get this write error. What do I need to change the permissions to and what do I need to change the permissions of to get this to work?
Mongo
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Permissions errors when I share K2 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
JFTP mean that you are using the Joomla FTP layer to access the files and folders.
So check you FTP parameter.
If the FTP parameters allows you to login by FTP, check that you have the correct files and folders ownership. It should be identical to your FTP login.

Perhaps that you have files and folders owned by another user.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Permissions errors when I share K2 13 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 0
for this application I'm using the master FTP username and password, there is none higher that I can asses, nor should I have to. the installation of joomla and all the the master and subsites us the same username and password.

This is happening when I use a template that shares users with the master. I have no problem when I use a simple slave site.
Mongo
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Permissions errors when I share K2 13 Years ago Karma: 54
So, as you confirm using the FTP Layer, you have to ensure that the slave site that is also using the FTP layer has the correct login and password but also the correct "root directory" that is different of the master one.

As the Joomla FTP Layer is working with "relative" path, you probably have to setup the slave site FTP Layer to use a relative path from the master.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla