English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Wanting to know how to duplicate what I did before
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Wanting to know how to duplicate what I did before
Wanting to know how to duplicate what I did before 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 1
** Please extend the session time, I just spent a LOT of time preparing my message only to hit send and be signed out already and lost my post! **

So I am trying to duplicate what I did before with my other client I setup. However, I dont know how I did it. I can't seem to duplicate the results.

I have made some screenshots. Cordmaster is the client that I have that is working. I have a new client 'tate' that I am trying to setup the same way but with a new template, etc.

I would also like to have the file structure tweaked to be better and have all the site folders contained in a client folder on the server: Something like
multisites/client-A/{all site folders}
multisites/client-B/{all site folders}, etc. would be best.

Notice how much information there is for 'cordmaster'. I don't know what template I used to create this site. How can I find out? Notice it's also not a slave to :master_db:

Notice how I got it to NOT be a slave of :master_db: but it does not have any information. How did I do that? I am confused.

Here is my file structure:
buddyq
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2011/05/20 20:37 By buddyq.Reason: Trying to add images!!
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Wanting to know how to duplicate what I did before 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
The "cormaster" is a website that you seems have defined as a "freshslave" site.
So the DB paramerters are collected once you have finished the "Joomla web installer" processing.
Based on latest sentence, I suppose you didn't create a "freshSlave" template rule but just defined the "cordmaster" without any template site rule.

Concerning the request to create "client-A/xxx" directory structure, up to you to define a JMS templates rule that use this "deploy folder" directory structure.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Wanting to know how to duplicate what I did before 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 1
This is what I have for the deployment folder:
{multisites}/cord_shiflet/{site_id}

But as you can see above in the screenshots, I get two folders for one site. One folder is put inside /multisites folder as shown above. These folders ONLY contain a "config_multisites.php" and nothing else.

I do have another folder for the same site inside multisites/cord_shiflet/{site_id} that has all the files for the site that looks like a normal Joomla site folder structure. Why is it creating two folders? Is this normal? Is there a way I can group these folders?
buddyq
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Wanting to know how to duplicate what I did before 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
This is absolutelly normal that you have 2 directories as you have setup 2 values.

One is automatically created by JMS to save its parameters {multisites}/{site_id}
and the second one is the one that you setup yourself to deploy the website.
Here the {multisites}/cord_shiflet/{site_id}

If you have a single directory, you have to use {site_dir} and is the equivalent to {multisites}/{site_id}
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2011/08/14 09:51 By edwin2win.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla