English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Help setting up Blank Slave site with shared users
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Help setting up Blank Slave site with shared users
Help setting up Blank Slave site with shared users 12 Years, 12 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

I'm currently testing JMS and so far its great and should be a good solution to our needs. We are on a dedicated linux server with cpanel access and symbolic links allowed.

I need some help in how to configure the following setup.

-Create a blank sub-site (sub-domain) where the users table is shared from the master.
We need to create an entirely new website as a sub-domain but allow users registered in the master site to have full access. We would also like to have the components of the slave site be independent of the master. We've had to customize a few components specific to the master site and will require custom work on the slave site as well.

Using JMS templates I end up with a copy of the master site with users shared but i need it be a blank (fresh joomla install). Also the entire master site DB is copied, i just need the user related tables.

How would you recommend I go about doing this??

Many thanks and congrats on such a great product.

Andrew
RememberedCom
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Help setting up Blank Slave site with shared users 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
The sharing of the user needs to replicate a website.

So if you want to have a "blank" site, I suggest that you start to replicate your master website into a website that you will cleanup to remove everything except the users.

Once you will have this new website only sharing the users, you can create a new rule like the previous one that consists in sharing the new website.
So that you will replicate this "fresh" slave site using the shared users.

You can NOT perform a "Joomla Web Installer" as you need to share the existing master website users.
The only way is to replicate the master and after clean the site.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Help setting up Blank Slave site with shared users 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
thanks for the recommendation.
RememberedCom
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla