English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Old Frontend, 500 error admin, blank install
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Old Frontend, 500 error admin, blank install
Old Frontend, 500 error admin, blank install 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Hey JMS.

This is my first forum question in a long time. Cause got a error which I can't solve even though i work nearly full time as a joomla programmer.

Status is:
System: unix
JMS installed and working
Symlink: working
subdomain decleared and working.
New sites created.
All files (including symlink) have been created
All database information have been copied correctly to the new database.

In other words everything seemed to be setup correctly. However visiting the new site gives me the following problems:

cph.napp.dk/
- Shows the frontend. However seems to be the frontend of the master site.
cph.napp.dk/installation/
- Blank page without any informations
cph.napp.dk/administrator/
- 500 internal error. In the error log the only thing showing about this error is:
[Tue Jun 14 19:29:37 2011] [error] [client 201.198.20.242] SoftException in Application.cpp:573: Directory "/var/www/web28/web/cph/administrator" is writeable by others
[Tue Jun 14 19:29:37 2011] [error] [client 201.198.20.242] Premature end of script headers: index.php

Feel like i have tried everything. The frontend showing, but showing the wrong data points in the dirrection that the new configuration.php file is not being loaded. But how to change that.

Hope you can give me a hand to bring me a little on.

Best regards
Tobias
niklasfin
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Old Frontend, 500 error admin, blank install 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
If the website show the master front-end instead of a slave, this probably mean that you didn't correctly defined the domain name of the slave site or that you got an error when saving the slave site definition.
Verify that you have both www.cph.napp.dk and without WWW cph.napp.dk.
In this particular subdomain case, I suspect that you had an error when saving the slave site definition (red message).

Concerning the other "admnistrator" error, it seems that your server report an error when a directory is written for other group or probably world (777). So reduce the permission level. Probably the suPHP module is installed and forbid to have a directory executing script with 777. Perhaps you should have 755 or 750.

Concerning the installation directory, perhaps you could try use a standard joomla installation directory instead of the one deployed by JMS.
I see you have a ".dk" extension and perhaps you have a specific DK joomla version and should use your original "DK installation" directory. So you can restore it from your joomla zip (or tar.gz) file.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Old Frontend, 500 error admin, blank install 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi Ed,

Thank you very much.

The problem with the wrong database were exactly cause of a lack of correct domains and is now solved Thank you.

About the installation problem have I reached the conclusion that it very well might not be needed for the use we are planing.

Back are the problem with the administrator. I quiet convinced that your right that it is a permission problem. However this being said I have no idea how to solve it. As far as I can see the problem don't relate it self to the actual admin folder permission which is set to 755 but to the symbolic link in it self which is 777. But that doesn't seem to be changeable? My ftp wouldn't let me and also as I understand it from f.x. this page - www.linuxquestions.org/questions/linux-g...k-permission-102012/ - it isn't meant to be changed?

Well I bet i'm not the first with this problem

Best regards
Tobias
niklasfin
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Old Frontend, 500 error admin, blank install 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 0
Any ideas?
niklasfin
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Old Frontend, 500 error admin, blank install 12 Years, 11 Months ago Karma: 54
No. As I told you the error 500 is the symptom of a permission error.
If you want that we have a look on your server, this is possible with our billable support that you can order at
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla