English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Newbie question about sharing/non sharing
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Newbie question about sharing/non sharing
Newbie question about sharing/non sharing 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello

I'm new to JMS and successfully installed the component on my server. The last three days I spent reading the manual and watching the tutorial videos, but nevertheless I have a hard time to understand the complexity of this software. Here are my questions:

I have a master site (www.myspace.com) and want to create several sub-sites (site1.myspace.com, site2.myspace.com a.s.o), all of them sharing the template, the users and the session data from the master site. I also want to use one database with different prefixes (mas_, sit1, sit2, a.s.o).

On all sub-sites I must have the possibility to install individual components, as well as changing the menu structure and adding site specific content.

Do I have to create those subsites with the help of a predefined template? Is there a specific tutorial available that can be understood by a newbie?

Thanks for your hints and support,

Thomas
tcgass
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Newbie question about sharing/non sharing 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 54
If you are using cPanel as administration tool, follow the video CP-04 for the way to create website in subdomains.
www.jms2win.com/en/tutorial#jms12x-CP-04

For the sharing of users between website, follow the video 16.
www.jms2win.com/en/tutorial#jms12x-16
If you receive a MySQL error message like "command denied to user" that mean that your MySQL user privileges is not correct. You have to update the MySQL user privileges to have the "create and show view" enabled. See video 0.b slide 35 on how to do that with PHPMyAdmin with root login.
www.jms2win.com/en/tutorial#jms12x-0b

For the sharing of the "/templates" directory create a rule like in video CP-05 and instead of selecting "copy" use "special copy". See also video 0.b slide 31-34.

For the sharing of the users and joomla "/templates" directory you have to create a Jms template rule.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla