English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Site URL
Site URL 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

When you add a website or editing an website is it possible to add an localhost domain name or ip address in the domains for example localhost/folder/ or 192.160.100/foldername/. As I would like to manage my websites locally instead of using the main domain name as it is fast loading locally.

I have currently got the latest version 1.2.57 with patches 1.2.62 with joomla 1.6.5 which was updated a couple of days ago. I use IIS 7 Windows 2008 server.

I have created a new site but since the upgrade Joomla 1.6.5 I have noticed that when I save the site settings it comes up with a blank page then reloads with the following error;

Error writing configuration file [PATHTOFILE]

But when I save the configuration in global settings in slave or master site it saves currently.

I am not sure if this is a bug in your system or the joomla and may be causing my domain/ip address not to work.

If you think that this might be bug to joomla then I will post it the Bug Team which I am part off.

If you need to know any other information let me know.

Thanks

Christopher Dally
wooglenetwork
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2011/07/14 16:48 By wooglenetwork.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Site URL 12 Years, 10 Months ago Karma: 54
There is a special method described when working on a localhost.
When working on a localhost, you can simulate any domain like when you have a DNS server.
See chapter 9 of the user manual that describe how to work on a localhost.
www.jms2win.com/en/component/docman/doc_...rs-manual-version-12

You can define any domain name but when you work on a localhost, the server information are not setup like when working on internet. This is the reason why we propopse an alternative solution to work on a localhost like described in the user manual.

If you have an error when saving the slave site for the file "configuration.php", this probably mean that the file is read only.
The file is set read only by joomla when you change its configuration from the global configuration. When you save a slave site, this rebuild the "configuration.php". So if the file is read only do a backup of this file before setting it in read/write. So that you could remember what you changed in the file or perhaps restore the original "configuration.php" file.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2011/07/16 21:28 By edwin2win.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla