English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Slave Administrator changing Master Administrator
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Slave Administrator changing Master Administrator
Slave Administrator changing Master Administrator 12 Years, 9 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

Today while setting up a new Slave site with multisites something unusual happened.
I started adding new content to the Slave site and rearranging some modules and I noticed that what ever I done to the slave site was also happening to the Master.

Looking deeper into it I noticed that www.mymaster.com was a duplicate of www.master.com/slave but if I left the www off the master was still in its original state.

Do you know what could possibly cause this to happen? I have fixed it now, somehow, but i cant afford for it to happen again. I noticed my Site Domains weren't set correctly, but i didn't think that would have anything to do with it.

Please give me some advice.
Regards,
Tim
Function5
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Slave Administrator changing Master Administrator 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
If you updated your master, this is because you either shared the whole website or the most frequent case is that you are logged on the master.

When you enter a domain name that does not match exactly the name you enter in the list of slave site, this display the master website.

For example, if you have defined a domain with domain.com and after that you enter the "www.domain.com" in your URL then the "www" is not defined as slave site and the master is displayed.

So check that you correctly spelled the domain name in the URL and that you have defined all the variant in the slave site definition (including WWW, without WWW, with http, https, ...)

The domain name must have a exact matching.
It is also case sensitive.

Also enrure that you saved the slave site definition with success (blue message and not a red one).
edwin2win
graph
Last Edit: 2011/08/18 09:07 By edwin2win.

Re: Slave Administrator changing Master Administrator 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Thank you for the advice Edwin. That seems to have to been the cause as I haven't had any similar problems since.

Thanks again.
Tim
Function5
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla