English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Don´t appear "SL: Symbolic link" option, Why?
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Don´t appear "SL: Symbolic link" option, Why?
Don´t appear "SL: Symbolic link" option, Why? 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Don´t appear "SL: Symbolic link" option after install patch´s, when i go to create a new template must be there but don´t appear. I have 1.2.62 version and domain that i have is www.gophergroup.net/websites/fenavi1 as master instance, an i want to create slave instances in www.gophergroup.net/websites/fenavi1/slave1,2,3,4,5... etc.

Please can you help me to resolve it, thanks and best regards.
helmuntdavid
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2011/08/30 15:34 By helmuntdavid.Reason: Update file
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Don´t appear "SL: Symbolic link" option, Why? 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello friends,

Respect the answer that I Received, I saw the videotutorials and i done the test with a hello.zip and "Symbolic Link isPRESENT" show me, but contiguration tab in multisites show me "Vínculos simbólicos de UNIX: Prohibido". I want to know if i can really to do my other sites with a "Symbolic Link" or I must to leave that option and try to do copy directorios.

Please, give me advise for resolve that. thanks and best wishes.
helmuntdavid
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Don´t appear "SL: Symbolic link" option, Why? 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
If the hello world report "Symbolic Link present" and that JMS settings menu report forbidden, review the video 6.
In the description, it is written:

If JMS answer that Symbolic Link is forbidden, also retry with the "Hello World" procedure in the next step to have confirmation.
If the "Hello World" replies that Symbolic Link is present, then you have to check in you Global Configuration the path of the tmp and log directories.
Perhaps those temporary and log directories does not exists or correspond to a path that does not have enough permission to let JMS test the Symbolic Links.

* Go in Joomla / Site / Global Configuration
* Check the tmp and log path. Enter full path to a directory where you have permissions. In general, this is the root directory of you Joomla followed by /tmp (see server panel) and /log (see system panel)
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla