English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Master and slave already existing
Master and slave already existing 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,

Before I purchased the JMS Multisite, I already had the Master and slave websites which I synchronized manually. The Master site is my development site (located outside the public_html directory) and the slave website is the live site(located in the public_html directory). Yesterday, reading some of the instructions, I've defined my master site in 'manage my sites' and it wiped out everything and created a new installation of Joomla. I panicked and restored it back.
Please help how I can set up Master-slave template without having to wipe out any one of them. If there isn't a way, what would you recommend?
jennylow
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Master and slave already existing 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 54
First, you can not add the master domain name in the manage site. The manage site is used to define the list of slave sites. If you do that, this mean that you want to declare your master as a slave site.
A master website is any website that is not listed in the list of slave sites.

Second, I don't know how to synchronized manually the slave site.
Normally you should have created a slave site in JMS that you deployed in the "public_html".
Becarefull when using the "public_html" when using cPanel. With cPanel, when you create a subdomain or an Addon Domain, the default value is to create them in a subdirectory of "public_html".
If later in JMS you decide to delete the slave site, this will delete the "public_html" directory with all its content.
In the tutorial video 0.b slide 21 to 24, we suggest an architecture to ensure that all the website have their own directory.
www.jms2win.com/en/tutorial#jms12x-0b
edwin2win
graph

Re: Master and slave already existing 12 Years, 8 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi,

All issues are resolved thanks to this simple instructions from this post:

www.jms2win.com/en/forum/24-joomla-multi...licate-of-mastr#7767
jennylow
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla