English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Kunena Categories/Configuration for Slave Sites
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Kunena Categories/Configuration for Slave Sites
Kunena Categories/Configuration for Slave Sites 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
I have an existing J1.7 site that I have replicated as 2 slave sites.
The sites all work fine with the users being shared, jomsocial status updates and even cometchat working across domains.

What I would like to do however, is to have each slave to have access to only certain sections of the Kunena forums while still sharing the 'General Info' section.

When I edit the Kunena configuration on any site, it updates to all, where I need each site to have its own configuration.

I am also recieving errors posting articles from teh back end.
Fatal error: Call to a member function reorder() on a non-object in /www/my_site/administrator/components/com_content/models/article.php on line 323
Even though I am receiving this error, when I go to the article manager, the article has saved.
SuperDexing
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Kunena Categories/Configuration for Slave Sites 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
SuperDexing wrote:

I am also recieving errors posting articles from teh back end.
Fatal error: Call to a member function reorder() on a non-object in /www/my_site/administrator/components/com_content/models/article.php on line 323
Even though I am receiving this error, when I go to the article manager, the article has saved.

This error was found to be an issue with the Kunena Discuss plugin.
SuperDexing
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Kunena Categories/Configuration for Slave Sites 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
The line 323 correspond to a reorder of a "featured" table that does not exists or that return an error as the "table" is not an object but probably has a "false" value.
edwin2win
graph

Re:Kunena Categories/Configuration for Slave Sites 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 0
edwin2win wrote:
The line 323 correspond to a reorder of a "featured" table that does not exists or that return an error as the "table" is not an object but probably has a "false" value.

This error was actually caused by a conflict between the Kunena Discuss plugin and the Kunena-jomsocial activity stream integration and was not a related to the multisites component.

Any advise on the possibility of separating Kunena Sections/categories based on a slave site?
SuperDexing
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:Kunena Categories/Configuration for Slave Sites 12 Years, 7 Months ago Karma: 54
based on our current knowledge of kunena, it is dangereous to make the kunena categories specific in each websites and continue sharing all the other kunena tables.

If you want to discuss with us and perhaps perform a specific development to filter the categories depending on the website, this is something that we can analyze with our billable support that you can order at
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...35&category_id=1

In the current state, have specific categories in each website and also share the kunena content is not possible
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla