English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

use the same templates(theme) with different param
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: use the same templates(theme) with different param
use the same templates(theme) with different param 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 1
I see this from FAQ
but I don't know how it work.
Does it allow sites to have different default template
YES, each web sites can select its own default template.
As each sites use its own database or at least diffrent table prefix, the customisation each sites is independant.
The only exception concern the extension that save their configuration information on disk rather than in database.
Sometime we have to provide a patch for such extensions to let them use separate configuration.

My slave sites use sympolic link to the master site's templates.
If I select the different color option then save it in slave site.
The slave site created a params_{site_id}.ini, but still use the params.ini for the templates setting.
How can I do to make slave site use the same template but different setting?

thank you~!!

Joomla Multi Sites version: 1.2.68 (Latest available: 1.2.68)
Patches definition version: 1.2.72 (Latest available: 1.2.72)

joomla 1.5.23
bearlee
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2011/11/02 18:22 By bearlee.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: use the same templates(theme) with different param 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
Create website with specific "/templates" and "/images" directory is illustrated in the tutorial video CP-05.
www.jms2win.com/en/tutorial#jms12x-CP-05

You have to create a JMS Template rule where you specify the "action" = "copy".
If you want to be able install joomla template in the slave site, also setup the "template folder" = {deploy_dir}/templates

The different variant are shown in the technical video 0.b - slide 34.
www.jms2win.com/en/tutorial#jms12x-0b
edwin2win
graph

Re:use the same templates(theme) with different param 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 1
thank you
But I try. it's never done what I want.
demo.vitalskm.com/template/kmm/jms1.mov
in this video I use copy. So the slave site has it own templates folder.
but I change the color setting.
It save the setting to params_test.ini .
But the slave site still use params.ini for slave site template setting.

demo.vitalskm.com/template/kmm/jms2.mov
this video is special copy to make templates folder.

thank you~!
bearlee
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011/11/03 10:01 By bearlee.

Re:use the same templates(theme) with different param 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
You can see that the "/templates" directory created is NOT a physical directory with symbolic like shown in the video 0.b slide 34.

I didn't saw like that the reason but the directory should be a physical directory and not a symbolic link.

In addition, if you read the master "params.ini" file instead of the specific one for the slave, this can also be due by the joomla template that you are using. Some template companie have redevelop they own framework that bypass joomla.
So event if you have the "/templates" directory full shared then you should read the correct params except also if you are connected on the master instead of the slave as you expect.

If you want that I have a look directly on your environment, I can just suggest to buy our billable support at
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph

Re:use the same templates(theme) with different param 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 1
I have this same question... I need to special copy (symbolic link) my templates so that I can change the master and effect all slave templates but I need each one to use their own template params.

it creates its own params_{site_id}.ini files but it is not using those. It is using the master's params.ini file. What do I have to do to make it work so that it uses its own params for the correct domain?

My template is simple and does not use a "framework" or anything to difficult. I made it from scratch and this seems to work on other server I have too correctly. Please help with this.

Buddy
buddyq
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re:use the same templates(theme) with different param 12 Years, 1 Month ago Karma: 54
If you create the Joomla template yourself, never read the "params.ini" file yourself in the template PHP code that you had written.

Use the "params" field that is already populated by joomla with the parameters values.

In your template index.php file, you can read the parameters from $this->params.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla