English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 123
TOPIC: Multiple Instances of K2 Component
Re: Multiple Instances of K2 Component 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 1
Hi Edwin,

Okay so K2 has added a few records inside #__components that I see in the master site.
I do not see these records inside the child sites.

They have also rearranged they media folder in: /root/media/k2

So every site is missing the new folders inside /media/k2 from the master site.

I selected "propogate" to children so why isn't it adding the records from jos_components that it added in the master site?

What is happening, when my client goes to edit a k2 item on their site, it crashes the #__k2_items table. I have to manually go to phpMyAdmin and 'Repair Table' which will then fix the problem. This is happening on EVERY site! So I'm trying to get to the bottom of it and make sure all the tables are there and files are available.

How can I fix this?
buddyq
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Regarding the media folder, i know I can open and resave or change to symbolic link so that any subsequent changes or updates would be reflected in the sites. I can do that. But still the question remain... what about the extra db records K2 is putting in #__components?
buddyq
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

UPDATE:::::

I've been working on this all day and trying to track down the issue. I checked out the K2 component package and it has many folders and files. One of which is install.k2.php.

I looked inside this file and it ALTERs and makes changes and additions to the database and inserts some records.

But it seems this file does not get run when propogating to children sites. I reinstalled on Master and then went to JMS > Tools > Selected my master > K2 (propogate to children).

Thinking that it would take the component install files and run those on all subsequent sites. But it's not. So how is JMS supposed to handle this?

What are my options??
buddyq
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Multiple Instances of K2 Component 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
Sorry, but you completly lost me now.
You started with a problem of duplicate entry in the menu and now you speak about #__components and media folder.

I don't see the relationship with the initial question that concern the duplicate K2 menu in the back-end.

I think that the better way to analyze that with you is that you order my billable support to see directly the issue on your environment.
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph

It's a simple question and I laid it out pretty simply. This is not about seeing the multiple K2 components now... but this is related because it deals with updating the k2 component across sites.

I explained in detail what is going on. Your billable support I have paid for twice only to have you be extremely rude to me and NOT LET ME TALK. I tried to explain and you shushed me and told me not to talk until "I am done with my investigation". In which it took you 30 mins of my time for you to find out exactly what I was telling you anyway.

You have a very strong accent and it's hard to understand you, and you wasted a lot of my time when I bought your "billable" time. Which I've already paid you $300 USD. For everything. I think you could help your paying customers.

This is a simple issue to explain. I dont know how to say it bvetter except to explain it AGAIN!

I'll be happy to explain this in the Extension Joomla Review too for this component if you'd like.
buddyq
Expert Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Multiple Instances of K2 Component 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
The problem that you encounter is a problem in Joomla itself.

I tried to explain you the description of Joomla and how they save their information in the DB.
The solution is to cleanup the record manually in the DB to remove the duplicate entrie.

Something that you can try is to uninstall K2 to see if it remain only one entry.
Perhaps this will help you identifying the "zombie" records present in Joomla and that cause you the issue.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 123
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla