English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Community Builder not updating users on slave site
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Community Builder not updating users on slave site
Community Builder not updating users on slave site 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi

I have built a slave site direct from master site (joomla 1.7) and everything seemed to work ok until I added a couple more 'community builder' fields, tabs and plugins.

If I add data (ie text in a text field) on the master site the data does not show on the slave site although the tabs and fields are present.

If I then go to the slave site and try to add data to one of these new fields I get the following error message;

moscomprofiler::store failed: Unknown column 'cb_aboutme' in 'field list' SQL=UPDATE `fitcon_comprofiler` SET `user_id`=63,`firstname`='Robbie',`lastname`='McGregor',`hits`='8',`message_last_sent`='0000-00-00 00:00:00',`message_number_sent`='0',`avatar`='63_4eb6473c53912.jpg',`avatarapproved`='1',`approved`=1,`confirmed`=1,`registeripaddr`='',`cbactivation`='',`banned`='0',`acceptedterms`='0',`lastupdatedate`='2011-11-08 13:54:12',`website`='www.ran-uk.com',`location`='Liverpool',`occupation`='Systems Manager',`interests`='',`company`='EHFA',`city`='Liverpool',`state`='North West',`zipcode`='',`country`='',`phone`='123456',`fax`='',`cb_title`='_UE_MR',`cb_mobile`='',`cb_vatnumber`='',`cb_orgaddress`='',`cb_aboutme`='about me',`cb_specialities`='',`cb_pb_enable`='',`cb_pb_autopublish`='',`cb_pb_notifyme`='',`cb_pb_enable_blog`='',`cb_pb_enable_wall`='',`cb_pb_autopublish_wall`='',`cb_pb_notifyme_wall`='',`cb_pgenable`='',`cb_pgautopublish`='',`cb_pgshortgreeting`='',`c b_pgaccessmode`='',`cb_pgdisplayformat`='' WHERE id='63'

My understanding of JMS is that data is shared as indicated in the tools section when you look at components and tables that show master is sharing with slave.

Is this something wrong with my initial setup?

Please advise.
Cheers
Robbie
robbiemc
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Community Builder not updating users on slave site 12 Years, 6 Months ago Karma: 54
When you share a table and that you modify the layout of this table then you have to rebuild the sharing because MySQL keep a snapshot of the table layout when it creates the view.

In this case, it seems that you added columns in a table "cb_aboutme" and therefore you have to "unshared" the extension and "reshared" the extension to refresh MySQL layout description.
You have to do that in each websites where you share the Community Builder.

This is true for any extension that would change of layout and for which the new layout must be propagated in the other websites.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla