English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Overwrote master site database with slave database
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Overwrote master site database with slave database
Re:Overwrote master site database with slave database 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Following up from my previous post, I've been performing further testing today.

I've resolved the issues described above when I use the directory and site URL structure:

/chroot/home/myaccount/mydomain.com/html/master
/chroot/home/myaccount/mydomain.com/html/master/slave1

www.mydomain.com/master/slave1

So it is clear now that this works if the slave sites are a sub-directory of the master directory on the server.

I think that this will cause a security issue because the master directory is exposed.

Even if I install the master into the /html/ directory it will still be exposed as a potential directory.

Can you think of the best solution for me?

Why do you think I'm not able to install the slave into a completely different directory from the master? My host has said that they have applied the standard UNIX security settings to my server. What should I ask them to change for me?

Thanks and regards.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:Overwrote master site database with slave database 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
This issue described above has now been resolved.

The problem was a setting in my domain manager whereby I had created a subdomain for my master site in such a way that it was excluding the other directories. I simply removed the domain setting in my control panel and rather created a subdirectory via FTP.

The last issue pending now is that I've deleted all my slave sites and templates so that I can start again fresh. Since I've done this when I try create a new template I no longer have the option to set a 'deploy directory'.

Also when I click on 'Folders and files' in the template I only have the options to ignore, copy, unzip or mkdir.

I know if I re-install JMS Multisites it will resolve the problem but I still want to know why this is happenening incase it appears in a production environment.

Thanks and regards.
TonyGee
Expert Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2011/11/22 09:08 By TonyGee.

Re:Overwrote master site database with slave database 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
I don't know lighspeed.

All I can imagine is that you are using the joomla FTP layer enabled but you say this is not the case.
So I don't know what setup to have that.
If you want that we have a look on your server, this is possible with our billable support that you can order at
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...35&category_id=1
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla