English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Clean Slave in Windows 7
Clean Slave in Windows 7 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
I am new in Joomla, but after some practiques, I have to create 3 different sites.
I found the problem to install 3 different installation folder, because of the size of each folder. I found this extension, I bought it like the solution for my problem, but I got other problems.
I tried to create diferent sites under multisites folder, one for each that I need to create (completly different between them).
I need to create a clean slave. After following some videos, I can't start with the procedure of installation joomla on each site.
I have installed the following:
Joomla Platform 11.2.0 Stable+Modified [ Omar ] 27-Jul-2011 00:00 GMT
Joomla! 1.7.2 Stable [ Ember ] 17-Oct-2011 14:00 GMT
Apache 5.3.8
php 5.5.16

I can't get the installation screen, even, when I create a template to copy the installation folder, I just get blank page.

I appreciate any help.
faustov
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Clean Slave in Windows 7 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
On Windows platform, the Symbolic Link is not allowed.
Based on you explain it seems that you want to deploy a slave site into a specific directory but the "deploy folder" field that is available when the Symbolic Link is allowed is not present.

You mentioned that you are using apache.
If you want to simulate the symbolic link and give different URL names, you can probably use the apache "alias" to create synonym of your master path.

If you are using JMS on a localhost, see also the procedure described in chapter 9 on how to simulate any slave site.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla