English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Message on slave: Template not installed on main
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Message on slave: Template not installed on main
Message on slave: Template not installed on main 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi

I've created a master master.mydomain.com with document root /domains/mydomain.com/subdomains/master/public_html

I then created an add-on domain for addon.com with document root /domains/addon.com/public_html

Next, I created a slave site copying the template file as I required the slave site to have its own templates. When I tried to install a Joomla template on the slave site, I got this message:

This extension is not found in the master site.
Please install it first in the master site before installing it into the slave site
Install Template Error

It was, however, installed on the master site. I tried this dozens of times with different Joomla templates. What am I overlooking?

Thanks
allyro
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Message on slave: Template not installed on main 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
To allow installing specific joomla template in a slave site, you need to fill the "template (themes) folder" path with {deploy_dir}/templates
This parameter is present in the JMS Template rule (common tabs) or in the "manage site" definition.

See also the tutorial video 0.b slide 34 and the tutorial video CP-05
www.jms2win.com/en/tutorial#jms12x-0b
www.jms2win.com/en/tutorial#jms12x-CP-05
edwin2win
graph

Re: Message on slave: Template not installed on main 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
Thank you for your response.

I'm now having an issue with the alias on the same configuration mentioned below:

I've created a master master.mydomain.com with document root /domains/mydomain.com/subdomains/master/public_html

I then created an add-on domain for addon.com with document root /domains/addon.com/public_html

I then added a folder for the slave site: /domains/addon.com/public_html/folder and an alias /domains/addon.com/public_html/alias (I've also tried {deploy_dir}/alias.

What happens is that the alias points to the addon.com site and not the folder. Again, what did I miss? It's worked before on other sites but I haven't been using it for a while.

Kind regards
Allison
allyro
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Message on slave: Template not installed on main 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
When you create a JMS alias, this result to create a Symbolic Link at the location that you have specified the the "alias folder" field that is linked to the "deploy folder" directory.

There in your sample, if you have setup the things like

Deploy folder = root/domains/addon.com/public_html
Alias folder = {deploy_dir}/alias

Then this create a symbolic link in
root/domains/addon.com/public_html/alias that point to -> root/domains/addon.com/public_html (the deploy folder).

So the result is correct.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla