English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: module and menu issues
module and menu issues 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
JMS 1.2.69 and joomla 1.5.25

I create slaves (3 actually)
all have independent databases with unique table prefix

I cannot make changes to the modules (html) of the slave sites. I"m just changing the test to change the url in the site module.

also if I change the menu link on a slave site it changes it on the master site. For example, if I configure a menu item on the slave site to "external URL") it also changes on the master site.
template setup is in attached image
rzombeck
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re:module and menu issues 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 0
actually what seems to happen is that changes made to the slave site's module effect the master(main) site and don't show up on the slave. So if I enable a module on the slave it stays disabled on the slave but it becomes enabled on the main and menu items change completely.
rzombeck
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:module and menu issues 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
First, if you change something in a slave and that modify the master, this probably mean that you either share the thing or that you are in fact connected on the master and not the slave site.
In the second case, cross check that you correctly define the slave site domain. It is case sensitive and in general, you have to provide domain with and without the WWW

If you change file on the disk that is shared by all the websites, this is normal that is updated everywhere (ie, PHP code, HTML, CSS, ... - any file that you decided to share)
edwin2win
graph

th strange thing is that the first site works okay, the next slave I create .... changed made to it are reflected on the master. I"m using the same template on both.
rzombeck
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

I may have figured this out ...If I duplicate/replicate a site and want to make individual changes to modules (for example I want to change the content of an html module on a slave site to reflect the "owner" and email of that site) I also need to move the modules folder? Is that correct?
and am I correct in assuming that components (like sh404sef and breezing forms) the same?
rzombeck
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re:module and menu issues 12 Years, 5 Months ago Karma: 54
NO, you don't have to move the modules PHP code or duplicate the /modules directory.

The parameters of a module is saved in the DB and therefore you can setup the module with the back-end without copying or duplicating the module PHP code.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla