English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Cannot change template
Cannot change template 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Dear Edwin,

I have watched all your tutorials more, I alraedy know your voice that I could identify from thousands of people but...

Still I am so awkward that cannot create a working slave site and I don't understand the conseption or something is worng in my multisite.

I have a Joomla 1.5.24 site with a Joomlart theme (without JAT3 framework). I want to create the same theme with different colors. I have created a multiste template but I cannot change the design (color) of the template. To be more precise I can change and save, but frontend doesn't change.

As I have read many forums here.
  • I have tried the template with copy and special copy as well

• I have created template folder in the server manually to make a physically existing template folder and I have even copied my templates there

none of the cases could I change the template design.

Milkyway template even not working, so I don't think it's a template issue. What do I make wrong? Or there is a bug?

Also perhaps I don't quite clearly uderstand the conception. I created the slave site as above mentioned and I tried to unpublish articles on the slave site, but I couldn't. It is the normal way of working. It has a logic as well, but that is the way as it should work? Of course I cannot delete an article in the slave site that has a symbolic link, but I neither can unpublish?

Thank you for your help!

Jozsef
joekker
Senior Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Cannot change template 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
In Joomla 1.5, when you change the parameters of a template in the back-end, this save the parameters in the "params_XXX.ini" file that is located in the /templaces/YYYY directory. Where YYYY is the template name.

If you don't see the color or parameters reflected in the front-end (event for a default joomla template like JA Purity) then I suppose that you don't read the correct "params.ini" file or in another directory.

So check that have the "params_XXXX" file that is created.
Try also to modify the parameters in the master to see if this impact the slave.
Verify that the domain or subdomain has the "document root" that match the "deploy folder".
edwin2win
graph

Re: Cannot change template 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Dear Edwin,

thank you for your quick reply and sorry to reply as late, but I was in hospital.
So, I checked params.ini file and the thing is, that params_xxx.ini file is created but params.ini file is also there.

Slave template does what is in params.ini file written, not what is params_xxx.ini file. If I change template in mastersite, it changes to same for slave as well.

Atteched you find the template setup.
Please, help me as soon as you can, because my projekt is behind schedule, because of my operation.

Thank you for your kind help!

Regards

Jozsef
joekker
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Cannot change template 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
I have got it!!!
Pleas don't waste your time.
The problem was that I have ignored multisis folder in folders and files ta.

Merry Christmas and Happy new year!

Jozsef
joekker
Senior Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Cannot change template 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
Merry Christmas and Happy new year! too.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla