English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Symbolic Links - Hello World
Symbolic Links - Hello World 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Hi there,

I want to create slaves outside the master directory. I've tested with the hello script and all works perfectly. Nevertheless,in Joomla, multisites still says "Forbidden" and I can't install in the directory I want!

master: /home/master/domains/master.net/public_html
slave1: /home/slave1/domains/slave1.net/public_html
slave2: /home/slave2/domains/slave2.net/public_html

Any ideas how to solve this and create the slaves in their own directory.

Thanks!

Walter
walterdj
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Symbolic Links - Hello World 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
Perhaps you have an "open_basedir" that forbid the access accross directories.
Check if you have an "open_basedir" value and when there is a value, verify the path or update the "open_basedir" to give the permission.

Also check if the owner of the directories is the same.
edwin2win
graph

Re: Symbolic Links - Hello World 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Thanks for your reply.

open_basedir is switched off and I can write symbolic links manually. I've also tested with your hello-script and that is also working perfectly. The master account is not the owner, but has write-access to the slave-directories (master is added to the groups slave1, slave2 etc., directory rights are 775. Also the FTP-layer is on).

Alltough I can write symbolic links, within Joomla, the multi-sites component still says "forbidden" and doesn't allow me to install in the slave-directories.
walterdj
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

If the symbolic link is allowed with Hello word and forbidden in JMS setting menu, perhaps you have to review video 6

Here it is the description of video 6 in case where it is forbidden.

If JMS answer that Symboli Link is forbidden, also retry with the "Hello World" procedure in the next step to have confirmation.
If the "Hello World" replies that Symbolic Link is present, then you have to check in you Global Configuration the path of the tmp and log directories.
Perhaps those temporary and log directories does not exists or correspond to a path that does not have enough permission to let JMS test the Symbolic Links.

* Go in Joomla / Site / Global Configuration
* Check the tmp and log path. Enter full path to a directory where you have permissions. In general, this is the root directory of you Joomla followed by /tmp (see server panel) and /log (see system panel)
edwin2win
graph

Re: Symbolic Links - Hello World 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Okay, I have checked the log and tmp paths, they exist and master has full rights. Actually, I have set the slave-dirs to 777 and even added master to the root-group. Same results. I can write symbolic links, the Hello script works fine (master_link is written and the link works: www.slave1.net/master_link/hello.txt replies). Nevertheless, JMS is still saying 'forbidden' whatever I do and cannot deploy the slaves in their directories.

Any ideas ?

Thanks, Walter
walterdj
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

If you have the hello world that says OK and JMS that says forbidden, this is definitivelly a problem with the "tmp" and "logs" path that you are using.
Either the path is wrong or the permission is wrong.

Check again the tmp and logs path that you have provided in the "Global Configuration".
The error it there or in the permission of the folders.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla