English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 12
TOPIC: Virtuemart...again... :)
Virtuemart...again... :) 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,

I read all the post on the forum, and I still have some questions...
I saw the patch for allowing different mails for payement methods:
www.jms2win.com/en/joomla-multisite?page...49&category_id=1

Wich is a very good start...
But this only works if you share only users right ?
What I want to do is a multisite where all products are shared, customers as well, but each shop vendor may add his product individually.
The vendor won't be able to access the VM's admin, all forms and lists will be recreated thru contentbuilder and breezing form.

But in that case, how can I know the owner for each product ? Does it add a field in the product ?

As the buyer may access to the master and slave site, how the shopping cart will react ?
I mean : 1 product from a owner + 1 product from an other owner, at the checkout, they will be 2 checkout ?

Thanks for your help !
crony
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Virtuemart...again... :) 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 0
I saw that the vendor id is included into the order which is good.
I still need to know what's going to happen if the shopping cart includes products from 2 different vendors. I guess the id vendor has to be changed manualy because if not shared, they'll all get the id = 1 ...
crony
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Virtuemart...again... :) 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
The patches for VM Payment method is NOT related to the sharing of the users.
The patches modify the VM payment method source code to allow read and write a specific configuration depending on the slave site ID. This is not related to the user.

Vendor description is something else and not related to the VM payment method.
When each websites have their own VM, then the vendor description is specific as the info is stored in the DB.

If each VM have their own VM, then the product are specific to each website.

The answer would be totally different if you decide to share the VM content.
edwin2win
graph

Ok thanks !
I think I understood for the payement method patch...

In fact I need to share users, content, but not the vendor description...
I thought with the patch I should have also payement method for each slave site.

Then there's still a problem with the sessions of users that will be shared in that case, and the shopping cart in my case can't be composed of different products from different vendors as they have different payement methods...Or maybe there should be multiple checkout, hard, hard...
Do you think it's completely out of the scope of JMS, or your planing something ?

I guess I may need to wait for VM 2 for multi vendors...
crony
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Re: Virtuemart...again... :) 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
With VM 1.1,
you can already share the users and share the VM content except the vendor description.

Your analysis concerning the session that will be shared is correct.
That mean that if you have several domain or website with different payment account, the checkout will benefit to a latest domain where the customer will checkout.
I don't see the difference in the case where the whole catalog is available for all the websites.

The problem that you may have to manage would be to filter the product to display depending on the website (that is not necessary related to a vendor).
When you share the VM content, you share all the records - so you share all the products, categories, ....
edwin2win
graph

In fact, to filter products depending of a website, I was thinking to use the "manufacturer" fields of VM, because each vendor is also running his only one brand.
The vendor is the manufacturer.

If accessing to a subdomain shop directly, I will add the parameter "manufacturer" on url's, so it will list only products from his shop.
Using www.nonumber.nl/extensions/rereplacer I may easily create replacing url's rules for each subdomain shops.

So all shops will share categories and products, but they'll be filtered depending on each subdomained shops.

If accessing to the master site, all categories, all products will be allowed.

I guess I need to check what's stored in the session, add manufacturer or vendor if not stored, then...I don't know...
I'm wondering if using (but modified cos I think rules based on manufacturer and/or vendor does not exist) :
extensions.joomla.org/extensions/extensi...administration/11695

May help or just add more mess...

In fact, my question related to JMS would be:
If I manage to redirect to the right shop for each product in shoping cart, allowing only validate the order if the products belongs to his own shop, may I exclude the sharing of orders table ?

That will be "easier" to manage reports. More than that a legal issue: bills must have a "clean" ordering number. (bill number 1 , 2 , 3 ...)

Ideally , the slaves websites would synch their orders to the master website (which will "know" about all orders) but the slaves sites would have only their own orders...
For that I will need to prefix the bills numbers for each slaves like : "vendor1-000001" and not only the number.

Sounds more and more crazy...
crony
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph

Go to topPage: 12
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla