English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?

Joomla 1.7 compatability issues and other concerns
(1 viewing) (1) Guest
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Joomla 1.7 compatability issues and other concerns
Joomla 1.7 compatability issues and other concerns 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: -1
I recently purchased multisites to build a VERY complex project that requires a number of extentions such as JFBconnect, Event List, Adsmanager, ACYMailing, Community Builder, BSmyjspace, JmailAlerts, Xmap, Feedgater and dozens of others.

However to my dismay i find when using your tools compatability manager that the majority of the extenstions are not compatable with multisites for joomla 1.7

Additionally, your training videos are very hard to follow with the accent (not a dig at you just a statement of fact) and all the written documentation is out of date and still for joomla 1.5 and even that documentation is so complex you could possibly need a masters degree from cambridge to understand it.

Joomla 1.7 has been out now for well over 6 months and i purchased this package specfically for its j1.7 compatability.

Now please dont get me wrong - im not having a pop at you - but you seriously need to look into this issue and prehaps pay a copywriter to rewrite your manuals in a more simplified manner with working examples (not using prefixs but actual site domains as a user would)

You need to simplify your manuals edwin because right now they are VERY frustrating - i just spent my entire xmas period going over and over and repeating video 16 for example and STILL cant get the dam things to work.

And i copied EXACTLY what you did in your videos.

Now im on a major deadline - this project was supposed to be released jan 1st, because of all of this, ive had my schedule set back at least another 30 days and i may have to resort to doing each subdomain site manually.

I would have been better off forgeting about multisite and spending the money on JFBconnects multisite login module instead.

Im sorry if im ranting about this right now - but i feel like ive wasted my money.
piprees
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2011/12/28 05:16 By piprees.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Joomla 1.7 compatability issues and other concerns 12 Years, 4 Months ago Karma: 54
Dear piprees, I accept and thank you your feedback that is positive in the way that it try to improve thing.

I know that JMS is not necessary easy to use because this is moreless like a swiss knife where you have plenty of parameters that must work together to get the expected result.
The most frequently problem is to have the parameters that match your hosting environment that it is difficult for us to know as each hosting compnay may have specificities.
We tried to create video to help people understand what they need to setup.

Concerning the video 16, the key element is that you have the appropriate MySQL user privileges to make the sharing working.
See also the tutorial video 0.b - slide 35 that show the required MySQL user privileges required for the sharing.
Perhaps this will help you making the sharing working for you.

If you receive a "command denied to user" when creating the slave site, this is definitivelly a problem of MySQL user privileges that you need to fix to make it working.
If you are using a shared hosting, you perhaps need to contact your hosting provider to give you more privileges on the MySQL users.
edwin2win
graph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla