English (United Kingdom)
Jms Multi Site, formerly joomla multisite.
Create, share multiple joomla sites in few clicks !

This website uses cookies to manage authentication, navigation, and other functions. By using our website, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.

View e-Privacy Directive Documents

Welcome, Guest
Please Login or Register.    Lost Password?
Go to bottomPage: 1
TOPIC: Problem with /templates directory
Problem with /templates directory 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
Hello,

at first:
I'm using JMS Multi Sites on a ubuntu Linux VM Server with Plesk. JMS works and i can connect to every slavesite an slavesite admin panel.

I have a problem with the /templates folder of my joomla installation. I have created a new template rule with a full copy of the /templates folder and i have created a new slave site with a fresh installation. The "joomla" template folder i have redirected with a full copy to my slave site deploy directory.

If i make changes in the css files of my slave site it have no effects on the frontend (design) of my slave site. Only if i change the css files of the "joomla"/master site (where i have copied the templates folder) it haves effects on my slave site but on my master site too.

I thought that i can copy the /templates folder to have for each page its own frontend template (design). Can not each page have its own frontend template in its own templates folder? So i have only one template(design) each page in its on template directory.

EX:

Mastersite Frontend Template(Design):
httpdcos/templates/template_name <- Path to the Master Frontend Template (Design)

Slavesite Frontend Template:
httpdcos/subsites/site_id/templates/template_name <- Path to the Slave Frontend Template (Design)

Sorry for my bad english, i hope you understand me !

Jerry
JerryCurwen
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
User Offline Click here to see the profile of this user
Last Edit: 2012/02/04 15:34 By JerryCurwen.
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: Problem with /templates directory 12 Years, 3 Months ago Karma: 0
SOLVED

The Problem was that my domains were mapped to the root directory of my master site. So the Slavesite design was mapped to the master template folder. Now i haved mapped the Domain directly to the folder of my subsites an now evrything works fine.

Jerry!
JerryCurwen
Fresh Boarder
graphgraph
Last Edit: 2012/02/05 15:51 By JerryCurwen.

Re: Problem with /templates directory 12 Years, 2 Months ago Karma: 54
Pleased to see that you found the solution yourself.
Congratulation.
edwin2win
graph

Go to topPage: 1
get the latest posts directly to your desktop
2Win, Multisite(s) are trademarks of Edwin2Win.
Joomla